Saturday, July 11, 2020

One Pillow, Two Pillow and a set of Booties. Year of Projects Week 2

So as soon  I decide to buckle down on my list I find myself suddenly diverting  onto other things. I've been trying to organize my craft room, putting yarn up and putting yarn together with patterns for a while. And as I move one more box and I then realize I've got a nice selection of pillow forms just hanging around. SO instead of working on a project that needed to be completed I started another. In my defense it was quick and I've added a spot of color to my living room/office space and utilized a pillow form. And did I mention that I used two skeins of yarn that I had in hand? Win/Win/Win in my book!

Its a pattern from the crochet crowd, Crochet Textured Flower Pillow, Here's the pattern I didn't have a bulky yarn I liked so I went with two strands of Red Heart that I had on hand. And I'm really happy with how it turned out. I'll be making another one in a different color soon, well as soon as I find two skeins of a color I think will work in that area. The stash hunt is officially on !

Then as luck would have it I got a message from a person who follows my daughters Instagram and she asked about a pillow I had done for My daughter a year or so ago. We struck up a conversation and soon she was placing an order for an Acorn Pillow, yes you read that right, Acorn. So that was pillow two of the week and I can't say how much fun those large stuffies are. In case you wondered the one for my daughter was a beet! My daughter is vegan and she loved the small version so well I thought a big one would be fun and a conversation piece too. I actually ended up making a few beet pillows and a couple of other veggie pillows last year for a friend of hers that had a vegan store on the coast. You just never know where the world of yarn will take you!


Then it was on to a special order of Booties. Dad is a baseball fan and with a new baby on the way and hope for the season opener, Mom ordered these Chicago Cubs inspired booties, These are fun and easy, toe of my favorite things, and I get it add a check mark to the finish column even if it's not on the list!


I'm hoping to dive into my project bags this week and drag out my long suffering cardigan, I might have it finished by the time it gets cold. I'm really glad I bought so much yarn for it since i"m pretty sure they don't make it any more.

So having said that It's time to track my Cold Sheep/ Clean out the Disaster  Craft Room

Yarn
OUT 2550 yards (rounded) 
IN 0

Other Craft Supplies
1 Pillow Form

So that wraps up another week of Projects for me, Please be sure to check out all of the other blogs in the group and  remember it's always a good time to join. Check it out here.

Have a Wonderful Crafty Week!

16 comments:

  1. The acorn looks lovely, as does your flower cushion. A good find and a great stash buster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and they were fun too so that helps.

      Delete
  2. Your flower pillow is so pretty. Looks very intricate. The acorn pillow is sweet. Those baby booties are so cute. Perfect for the baseball fan parent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flower pattern has lots of textured details which help it but it was a fast easy pattern. I'm hoping to do at least one more.

      Delete
  3. Oh, that acorn!
    And great idea the "yarn in/yarn out" counter - it just sobered me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The acorn was fun to figure out the perfect shape. The yarn counter helps keep me honest and try not to bring yarn in, plus its nice to know that I'm actually moving yarn out.

      Delete
  4. Oh I love the orange pillow! And the acorn pillow is really cute. I really like the idea of novelty pillows; you may inspire me to take that little rabbit trail. :) And what sweet little baby booties...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That orange pillow was really fun, Easy pattern with lots of texture. Please do hop right on and find something fun to add to your decor! I can't wait to see what you might add.

      Delete
  5. That pillow is adorable and so is the acorn. I pinned the pattern. The booties are too cute! My grandson is a Cub's fan so I made him a Christmas Ornament of the Cub's insignia last year. Your craft's room sounds like mine. I did work on it quite a bit but then I got "distracted" by some bright shiny something or other and I need to get back in there! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm always glad when I can share a great pattern. Having a craft room is such a great space but I for one can let it get out of hand, but then it's fun to find old/new things too.

      Delete
  6. Such cute baby booties. The pillow looks lovely and I soooooo understand the write a list and immediately deviate from it lol. But none of it is wasted time and what I do is add it to the list during the year and add a tick. Last year I got seriously distracted by hats and cowls that weren't on my starting list. The acorn (and beetroot) pillows are a lovely idea and that personal touch of having some meaning to it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pillow is gorgeous. I simply adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely projects and finished them too! Well done. I was impressed with your yarn out stat. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow i do love that Texttured Flower Pillow! You used a very lovely colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't feel bad about deviating from your list. Seriously, don't. I constantly deviate from my list. When I first started this nine years ago, I tried to rigidly hold to my list and it just didn't work for me. It took a little while but I learned that I just need some guidance. The point is to keep making! But that's me and it's not something that works for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pillows look lovely. And just to think of veggie pillows ... you've given me an idea that I'm not sure my husband will like. LOL.

    ReplyDelete