Sunday, July 21, 2019

Week 3 Update Year of Projects

I played a bit of yarn chicken and lost bigger than I expected to this week..lol

I am making great progress on the peach blossom blanket but that Celtic Lace Join really eats yarn. Which normally wouldn't be a bad thing since I am trying to move some major yarn out of the craft room and into projects but the yarn I am using comes in a large skein and I thought that just maybe I could get all of the joins done with that skein but nope, I'm going to be 5 squares short. So it's a trip to Joann's for me this week. I must be strong and only pick up that one skein. However since I', having to do this is does help make the decision on what color the boarder should be a bit easier. I was trying to decide if I should try to introduce a bit of the flower colors into the boarder instead of the grey, now I know I'll be using a bit of the grey at least.


Here's the progress and the placement and you can see the remainder of the skein off to the side,,

I also see some serious blocking in my future too..But I'm glad to see the progress and soon it will be on the Finish list!

Since I finished my Moose Cross Stitch project I felt like I could add another project to the list. I blame it on all of the changes I've made in the house over the last few months, I've been wanting a couple of throw pillows for my bedroom. I was lucky enough to get my grandparents bed and I have redone my bedroom around it. My grandmother was an avid and talented quilter so expect a few pieced and quilted projects to show up here over the next few months and I tweak the decor.
I picked up a Jelly Roll a while back and I went a head and cut out a few hexagons, now I just had to decide on the layouts..and backing too. 
Blue, white, grey and a pop of yellow are my colors and think these work pretty good. I have a couple of round pillow forms already so I think that's the shape I'm shooting for but it could change.

So for this week that gives me 
0 Yarn in ( for right now anyway) and 615 yards out.
I jelly roll in process in and none in.

Not too bad of a start to the year.

Be sure to check out all of the other very productive and talented YOPers this week too!

Later this week I'll be heading to the Coast to check out a very talented Potter, I'm hoping to get my pottery mojo back too. I'm hoping to be inspired by new places and being around other talented people, just like the others in the Year of Projects community.

Have a great week!






8 comments:

  1. Ooo, the peach blossom blanket is pretty and the join is perfect for it even if it will make you buy another skein. I'm looking forward to seeing progress on your hexagon pillow. Lots of quilters in my family but so far I'm resisting (other than a sampler I did in my 20s.) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peach blossom is coming along nicely....More power to you, that's a lot of work....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the Peach Blossom blanket. I hope you have success and restraint at JoAnn's. :) I look forward to seeing other projects you make for your home - fabric, yarn, pottery, or other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The peach blossom blanket is great. However you border it will be fine. My grandmother did the hexagon quilts too. All the hexagons were from dresses that were worn by family members. Makes the quilt very special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is coming along marvellously. But I am most excited about the pottery! I hope you have a great time and come away inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peach Blossom is looking wonderful and I hope you stay strong and only come out with the one skein of yarn for the border. I love the hexagons and the colours you've chosen, I'm looking forward to seeing the throw pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colour combination of pink and grey. Good luck being disciplines at Joann's. LOL. I envy those who can quilt. I can never be exact enough so that the seams line up properly. And pottery? Can't wait to see your progress in that too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m not sure what a jelly roll is so will need to google that. I think your blanket will look great and they grey really makes the flower type parts stand out well. My mum used to make these wee patchwork shapes when I was a kid, I used to see how many I could stack in a tower! I don’t recall what she made with them so will be interest to see you turn these into a project.

    ReplyDelete