Monday, July 1, 2019

Year of Projects- Year End Wrap up



It won't come as much as a surprise to most that have been around the clock with me this last year and a half that I got to week 8 of A year of projects and I kinda fell off the face of blogging for a bit.

I was crafting a bit, lots (I mean lots) of starts but not really any finished pieces, kinda like my blogging. I had the drive but just not the follow through.

I am going to go out on a limb here and give a sneak peak so you can see what a lot of WIP look like.
Yep there's a project in each one of those bags..

Some aren't even in bags..

Some aren't even crochet..lol (still yarn related)

So I'm wrapping up my year by saying that, nope there's nothing to see here..lol 
 However I'm going to revamp my list of projects, dig into those bags see what really needs to be salvaged and what needs to be frogged, what can be turned into something that can be finished and then that dreaded what was I thinking pile!

The upside to this disaster is that I managed to stay firmly on the cold sheep wagon. While nothing really went out,  nothing came in either. But I will be starting my count over this year and I hope to be able to report a very big dent in the stash by June of 2020.

While I've totally lost my crojo, I have enjoyed the work of others, if at least a respectable distance.
If you'd like to join a group of really talented crafters who also blog, head over to Ravelry and get ready for a Year Of Projects which will be starting it's 9th year the first Sunday of July!


10 comments:

  1. Alleigh, it's so good to see you again! I'm actually impressed that you have all those started projects neatly bagged up. My WIPs aren't nearly so neatly contained. I can find all the pieces to them, but the pieces may be in different containers. It will be fun to see what you manage this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becki! It's great to be back. I've moved recently and I'm trying to get everyone in one place with all of it's corresponding pieces. I'm sure not everything is in the correct spot..lol. But I have high hopes for the year.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back. You certainly have been busy with your hook and yarn. It will be fun to watch those bags become FO's this coming year. Those pom poms look fantastic. I have never been able to make a decent one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I cheated and bought a pompom maker, I was making hats and I really wanted to get nice pompoms. Then the idea for the rug was born.
      I'm even surprised at the list.. so we'll see how it goes. I have high hopes.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I look forward to seeing what’s in those WIP bags. Welcome back. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots and lots of starts..lol
      which I hope to turn into some finishes very soon.
      Thanks for the Welcome

      Delete
  4. Your pom poms look fab. Great idea for this year to start with a reorganised. I can't wait to catch up with your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. They are a fun and easy project for tv watching. I'm ready to see it finished and on the floor!
      I'm ready to have some fun finishes to show off!

      Delete
  5. I love your project bags, and now I can't wait to see what is in each of them. Here is to Year Nine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I have a yarn problem and I might have a bag problem too. But in this case it's a good thing, keeping all of the projects in a contained area..lol
    I think Year 9 is going to be a great one!

    ReplyDelete