Sunday, August 11, 2019

Year of Projects Update Week 6

It's been a busy week and I had every intention

to post , because I didn't want to miss a week but it just didn't get done.I did attend a Sewing Expo and didn't come home with tons of new projects so that's a positive at least,

Most of my craft time for the week was taken up trying to decide on just the right border for the peach blossom. I tried at least 6 different borders before I just decided to go simple and do a scalloped edge with a picot. One thing I have decided is that if I do the Celtic lace join again, I won't do the chain five on the outside edge of the square. This is the "joining" round and for me It just left a space that was difficult to find the Just right border for. But having said that I'm happy with this one and as busy as this blanket is, it didn't need a lot more border..
I used the chain space and did four double crochet, chain three and then four more doubles with a slip stitch in the connecting chain from the prior round. It works out good and after all of the other options I think it is the best fit. Still a few ends to work in but over all I'm calling it a finish!




I managed to finish my pillow too! So now it's on to the next one, I hope to do at least two more and a cushion for my rocking chair out of this fabric or at least coordinating colors. The next two will be square since I have a couple of those forms already hanging around in the craft room, I've even started cutting out the triangles for the next pillow. Same fabric, different shapes, just to keep it interesting


I'm going through bags looking for a good travel project, since i will be out of town next weekend and I am not going to have a lot of down time but I need to keep the projects moving,

I feel pretty good about the amount of  fabric that I actually brought home when you see what I was faced with and this is only have of the expo! Lots of Beautiful Quilts, tons of fabric and accessories and machines. I enjoy attending and I was good this year. I bought two panels with a project in mind already for both and backing for one. Not too bad.



So my Year 9 progress is: 
615 yards Yarn in and 957 yards out.
I jelly roll in process in and 2 .25 yard Panels and 1 yard of fabric in.

Still basically on the positive side..as long as I finish up the fabric panels by the end of the year. since both are destined to be Christmas presents.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all of the other great projects in the Year of Projects Blog along.




14 comments:

  1. I really like the peach blossom scallops, Gorgeous. Love the colours in your pillow. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't claim credit for the pillow colors since I bought them as a pack but they do work very well in my bedroom!

      Delete
  2. I can imagine how difficult that chain space must have been to figure out a border for, but what you did looks great! And your quilted pillow looks so sweet. Love the colors. Wow - that vendor hall looks amazing! The red carpet and angle of that picture really shows it off well. Good going on using your stash and keeping up with what you're bringing home craft wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh it was a mess..lol.I should have taken a picture of each option, some were a serious hot mess. But I'm happy with how it turned out.
      It wasn't easy to come home with lots of new projects but I need to make some room..and there's always next year!

      Delete
  3. That border is beautiful. The lacey aspect really makes it pop. Your pillow turned out great. How did you manage to resist splurging at that expo. Wow! Temptation was everywhere from what I can see from your photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I am pretty happy at how it all came together. It needs to be blocked to really show it off but that's another project..
      I think the only good thing is that there is so much that it tends to run together and it a bit overwhelming. BUt I did pick up a couple of things but they are already intended as presents so I'll just say I'm getting started on Christmas early..

      Delete
  4. I don’t know crochet too well, but the edge you’ve done looks very pretty to me. I like the idea of the 2nd pillow with the same material but different shaped patchwork. I need some of your self restraint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The border I ended up with was actually the easiest one of the bunch, and over all the whole set of patterns weren't overly difficult. They just combine to make a pretty blanket.
      I like the idea of coordinating fabrics but just not the same things repeated. It's why handcrafted is so much fun to decorate wit,
      Oh if you saw my Craft room you'd understand just how little restraint I have...

      Delete
  5. Your blanket is gorgeous! I love the colors you chose and the border turned out perfect. Good for you on the Expo...I would not have been able to resist. The pillow is precious and you know I love hexies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so Much!
      Hexies are so much fun, just a little different. I need just a bit more restraint, if you ask my craft room.

      Delete
  6. Wow the expo looks extravagant - well done on not bringing in too much new 'in' to your stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a lot of fun, seeing all the new projects and machines. It was hard not bring more home!

      Delete
  7. Your border looks fab, I can imagine that taking all of your time. And your cushion is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It went good once I made the choice, and I was happy to see the end of it!

      Delete