Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Year of Projects Week 8

It's been a whirlwind of a couple of weeks. I was out of town last weekend and part of the week. I visited one yarn store and managed to come out with only a new set of Straight needles..lol. But they were so pretty I couldn't help myself. I want to get back into knitting and I thought these might just encourage me a bit.

I knew I wouldn't have much time for projects but I picked a simple one as the next in line to finish. It's a simple pattern and one color so easy packing.
Not a huge amount of progress but I did manage a complete motive and I dug around and found another skein of the same yarn so the stash will be moving in the correct direction! I did a variation of a pattern I found on the blog Martin Up North, He was basing his scarf on a section of the Hotel of Bees Shawl, which is also on my wish list. I've been a bee keeper, I don't have any now, but I have spent many a lovely afternoon watching industrious bees coming home loaded down with pollen, doing the "direction dance" as we called and it then zooming off again. I seem to be having a thing with hexi's lately too..

I've started the next pillow also, same fabric but triangles this time. And I've got a couple of  square pillow forms so another item out of the craft room.

These mini rulers are great for jelly rolls, I bought a few from the Sewing Show last year and I'm finally putting them to use. They were less than 2.00 each and I'll  say it was a great deal.
I've gotten the center sewn together and I'm lining up the other pieces, The top couple be finished by this weekend, fingers crossed. 

I need to get on the ball if I plan on making a bit more room so I can bring home a few things from the Southern Eastern Animal Fiber Fair this October.

So my Year 9 progress hasn't changed much, I'll weigh my skein this week for blanket progress
So here's where it stand as of now:
615 yards Yarn in and 957 yards out.
I jelly roll in process in and 2 .25 yard Panels and 1 yard of fabric in.



Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all of the other great projects in the Year of Projects  Blog along.





2 comments:

  1. Hotel of bees shawl is on my to-do list too. One day! I like the scarf pattern - simple and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a hexagonal filet blanket like this last summer as a gift. It's such a sweet pattern I want to make it again (and maybe again! :) Thank you for linking to Martin Up North and his story behind his making a scarf/shawl with this stitch pattern. What a nice story. And lovely scarf. I admire bee keepers. Honey isn't my favorite thing to consume, but I love looking at it, and the idea of it, and I truly admire people who keep bees and harvest the honey.

    ReplyDelete