Sunday, March 11, 2018

Year of Projects Week 37

Not a whole lot of Crochet happened this week, but there has been some crafting done.
I'll start with my Peach Blossom blanket, I've managed to finish off a few squares. I'm happy with the color combination of shades of pink and the Grey. They work up quickly so I'll be thinking about borders soon. I think it should be a bit lacy but we'll see how it goes.

I've recently moved it's a temporary spot while I work on getting back to a farm of my own, so I'm missing my bees and getting the garden ready. even thought Spring tried to come early, winter has taken back over here on the East Coast anyway. I've been working on Spring Colors and then I just started a few hexis in a very happy yellow that I'm going to turn into a "bee" Blanket or lovey.
I found this almost granny type hexi on an older posting on the One loop short blog. I love the flowerish details. I'm going to do one more round in a darker yellow.

Earlier in the week I posted about my Yarn Carrots and I'm almost done with my Bunnies. Neither crochet projects but they both have some yarn content. 
I love the pom pom tails. I'll be adding some ribbons and maybe a nose with pink dmc thread.

The last project that related to yarn is something for my new space too. I've been looking at rugs, mainly crochet rugs but then I ran into pompom rugs. I received a pompom maker a while back and I have been putting it to good use. I've picked out my yarn and got the foundation but that's as far as I have gotten so far. Hopefully I'll have a great update next week for all of these projects next week.


So that's been my week. Check in with all of the other Yopers and I'll be getting back into the project pile! Have a great week!





4 comments:

  1. Oh Allison, your post just oozes spring time and that makes me so happy. I love the Peach Blossom squares and look forward to seeing them come together. And the hexis joined into a beehive pattern. So cool. Those bunnies! They are great. I love the colors and textures. Cute, cute, cute. Come on spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your spring got interrupted. But your squares and hexis scream spring anyway.

    Those bunnies are the cutest. Love their little pom pom tails.

    A pompom rug would feel marvelous under barefeet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage look of the pastels with the soft grey frames! And yes, I think a lacy border too!

    The bunnies are adorable. Some cute little face details would be the perfect finishing touch.

    I just googled pompom rugs - fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the peach blossom blanket and I was making one last year and ran out of the joining yarn and there it sits! LOL! I love the colors you chose and you had me at "yellow hexies"! Yellow is my favorite color and I love hexies of all kinds. I love your idea of a 'bee' blanket using them. Your yarn carrots are so cute! You are very creative. I hope you find your farm soon. I just want a little cottage on a small acreage...I'm scaling down or trying to. I used to have a little farm but it's too much for me now...heck, I can barely do my yard and house....lol! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete