Sunday, August 13, 2017

Year of Projects Year 7 Week 7

There hasn't been a noticeable amount of crochet doing the last two weeks thanks to the change in weather around here. It had been horribly hot but we had a very nice break with some cooler weather. So we've taken advantage of that by playing catch up with yard work. The yard looks better but it hasn't done much for my yardage count!

I did start the Nya Mosaic blanket but a lot of it was done in the car on the interstate and I'm not as happy with the colors as I thought I would be. I'm fairly sure a bit of it will be frogged, since it is a bit more Fall themed that I had originally thought. I was about to start the pattern process but I decided to step back and decide on colors before I went much farther.



I feel like it's an over ripe banana..lol I'm planning on adding blue and other colors but I think it's time to start over..

When I did have a  bit of time to crochet I was working on an order than came in but that need a quick turn around time. The one on the left is the work in progress, only a border left to go and it will be on it's way to Canada. It's so fun to think how far this blanket will have traveled before it's gifted!
The one on the right is in my Etsy shop and was the right pattern but the wrong colors. I'm enjoying the pattern and how different the same stitched look with just a couple of different colors. That's why I'll never get tired of crochet, there is always something new to make!


I have one more small project that is on a deadline, a granny square for #grannysquareday2017. 
Wanna get on board? Post a granny square on instagram on August 15th and use the hash tags #grannysquareday2017 and #grannysquare. @Suregal27  is heading up the challenge and we're hoping to blanket instagram with tons of squares. A virtual blanket will be created from the squares submitted and all you have to do is take a full screen shot of a granny square and post to your account, how easy is that! 

As for my Cold Sheep here's this two weeks update:
Prior count: 1506 yards
Yardage in: 170 yards ( I was short one yard for the baby blanket order)
Yardage out: 885 yards
Accumulated Total: 2221 yards not too bad..

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to hop over to Ravelry and check out all of the great blogs in A year of Projects and join the yarny adventure!

10 comments:

  1. A step back from the mosaic blanket is a good idea if you are unsure of the colours, no need to frog more than is necessary and it will give you time to see what you do want from the colours. I love how the different colours in your order blanket give it a totally different feel, don't you just love that about colour! Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point I think it's best to walk around it a bit and try other colors, maybe just a section or two would be a good idea. With as much work that is going into this I need for it to be what I really want or I won't enjoy it.
      It is really amazing how just a one color can change the whole mood of a project. Hopefully I'll find the right one for the other blanket too.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Too funny about the banana....but if you don't like it now you should start over before it gets too much bigger....been there done that...I finished an entire blanket and didn't like it and shouldn't have continued. I ended up giving it away.
    I'm not sure I understand your stats. What does accumulated total mean? Does that mean you went up in stash or down?
    I could never do a granny square a day...unless that's all I worked on. I have too many other chores to do but it sounds like fun! I also don't have a cell phone so I can't post to IG. I do have a tablet with a camera....would that work? I would love to post to IG.
    Love your Star blankets....good for you; selling items on Etsy. I would love to make some money to be able to afford my yarn habit! LOL! Have a great and productive week. Oh, it cooled off here for a bit too but I had foot surgery so couldn't get out to take advantage of it....now it's wet and then the heat...90's is coming back! Dang, I can't win for losing! I have painting outside and landscaping to do....oh, well. It will all get done in due time I hope. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear the more I look at it all I see is banana..lol
      Thanks for asking about the yardage totals. Originally I had this really grand idea that I would get a "rough" estimate of how many yards I had on hand and then count down or add to for a running total. That would give an accurate idea of the size of the problem. Well the stash ended up being a bit larger when everything was put into a central place than I thought so I decided to just keep a running total of yardage out and in. So the accumulated total is actually the total of the yards that have been used. So I took the prior count add any new and take out the yardage used. So the accumulated total is the total amount used reduced by the amount of new. To get a real idea I might should go ahead and bite the bullet and do a real starting count...
      As for selling I have been selling locally for a while in shops and at events, we can jams and vegetables too. But we are in a fairly rural area and working part time and traveling isn't really making it worth while. So I'm venturing out to Etsy. If it helps to reduce my monsterish stash and brings in a bit I'm happy. '
      Thanks for stopping by and good luck on all of the other projects that are piling up, I feel your pain!


      Delete
  3. I agree about the mosaic blanket. If you are not happy, rip it out and start again. Otherwise you will never LOVE it. Loved the ripe banana analogy. I have made the star blanket and agree it is a great one to never tire of. You can use any colors that please you for that one and it never looks the one before it. Wish our weather woukd cool off but we have at least 6 to 8 weeks more of 100 plus temps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a really great week of cooler weather, it had been unnormally hot for months, so now that the temps are climbing back up I think it makes it worse!
      I do love a simple pattern that can be so different with just a color change! keeps things interesting.

      Delete
  4. I love the star blankets. I think I will post a granny square - how fun it will be to see the virtual result of a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Please let me know how you're listed on instagram, I've been scrolling through squares all morning and I love all of the variations!

      Delete
  5. I love your star blankets and I'm chuckling over your comments about your Mosaic blanket putting you in mind of an overripe banana. It is a beautiful pattern, though, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear when I saw it laying there that was all I could think of. I have to come up with a better color grouping to really do it justice.

      Delete