Monday, February 19, 2018

A Year of Projects- Year 7 Week 34

Soo, It' be been a while since I've posted and a bit longer since I followed up with my Year of Projects. Life has been a bit topsy turvy, lots of changes, some downs and some ups, some downs that are helping me look up. Over all, it's been a thing and I'm working on finding my way again, I feel like I've been in a fog for a while and I lost my craft mojo but the sun is coming back out and I just might have had a very long awaited finish!


I had an unexpected move recently and it's not really completed and it's not the final one in my future but it did have it's  upside, I found a couple of projects that had been lounging around for way too long and I did manage to tuck into it and turn it around to a finish!

This is an afghan that I started oh...maybe 4 years ago for my daughter and I got busy with orders and it ended up in a bag in the bottom of the closet. Shockingly enough I thought ahead and put the extra yarn and the hook in the bag too! So it was easy to pick up where I had left off. It's pretty straight forward pattern, I've heard it called ribbons, but it is basically sets of singles a chain and the doubles. Two rows of the same color to give it definition. It was my tv watching project. I ended up being a bit longer than I had originally planned, I have that problem with popcorn too. I start out with the desired amount and then it just doesn't look like enough so I'll add just a bit more and then I end up blowing off the lid to the popper and a mess, everytime, you would think I would have figured it out by now! But she loves it and I'm ready for it to move on to her house, so it's a check in the win column for me! 

I'm ready for spring but I just had to share this winter themed craft that I did for a friend for Christmas. She is a big fan of my pumpkins and she asked me to surprise her with a centerpiece for her Holiday table. This guy was so much fun and I'll be looking forward to making some more next year. Personally this is as close to snow and snowmen as I want to get for a while. This has been a topsy turvy winter weather wise too. We had snow and ice for a week and now it's in the 70's! Not that I'm complaining but it makes me a bit concerned about what July holds for us.. 

This is the start to my latest project and my helper, doing what she does best.


While I'm rearranging things I need to revisit my Year of Projects listing and update it as well as she what my priorities should be. I'm ready to jump back in and have a productive year even if it's technically half over..lol

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all of the great projects and ideas in the year of Projects group on Ravelry


3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear life has been bumpy but glad to hear from you again and hear that things are looking up. And yay for finding projects! Love you snowman. It will be a delightful christmas table topper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things will continue to look up. I love that Afghan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! Things are moving a positive direction and sometimes that is the best thing we can ask for.

      Delete