Sunday, July 5, 2020

Reevaluating My Mess, I mean List ..YOP Week # 1 Year 10!


Well It's been a while and I completely admit that I had/have lost my Crojo.. (crocheting Mojo for those non crafters out there) over the last two years. In my defense I had some crazy life changes two moves, one of which was coming back to a old residence in a different situation. But with all of that I think I am finally wanting to get back into creating and sharing those creations with the world, yeah I know delusions of grandeur..lol

While its Year 10 for the “Year of Projects”, I can say that I’ve been off and on since year 5.. and some years I’ve done better than others. This year I want to really spend some time with my list and see what still speaks to me and what doesn't fit now. I still have a craft room full of yarn, fabric and other items that were for projects that at some point had to be added to the never ending list that I carried around in my head and on my Pintrest boards. I fully expect to get a message every time I open my Pintrest saying something along the lines of “Certainly you’ve pinned enough on all of these boards not to need a NEW idea by now”. Thankfully they encourage over indulgence..

I haven't been completely without out a hook. I did manage to make some items for the holidays for family and friends, and fill some orders for my Etsy shop. Who knew that Farmer's market veggies would be such a hit? Enough so that I’m working on adding a new “set” of veggies in the next couple of weeks.



Having said that I've also been on the cold sheep bandwagon, and doing better than expected. Not saying that my craft room couldn’t be mistaken for a small craft warehouse, I do need to clear out yarn, fabric as well as other kinds of projects, I'm looking at you basket making supplies. Anyone looking for a good amount of vintage Italian Cotton tape yarn? I mean really where in the world did I come up with these random things..lol



But one thing that I have added to my list, *Sigh* is crocheting 30 items, blankets, loveys and hats for a charity, Charis' Love. This is a kind of a birthday present for my daughter who will be 30 this year. She was born 8 weeks early and spent a month in the NICU. I was really lucky, I had lots of crafty support by way of blankets that aunts and my grandmother had created in anticipation of her arrival, even if it just happened to be a bit early. That “organized to get things done early gene” totally skipped me. But with the event sped up they kicked it in gear and knocked out small version of booties and hats to go along with the gifts of blankets already created. It was so appreciated in that crazy time. And we continued to craft as we waited for her to come home making more items to donate for other parents and infants in the NICU. I know there are plenty of other parents without that special support that I had and I hope these items will bring a bit of happiness to them. I have a few hats completed, a blanket started, and ideas for things they often request, we'll see if I end up with just a couple of patterns or thirty different ones. I'd love to have these knocked out quickly but I know my track record and I'm not making any promises..

 

And since I’m dreaming big this year, I’ll say I’d love to get my stash loaded onto Ravelry. While I’m destashing, Moving yarn to new loving homes I hope to organize a bit a bit too. I’m adding all of this to my wish list..

I've updated my list a bit and I'll insert a few relevant pieces here, but the whole thing can be found on another page, for those who want to see the whole ugly mess..lol. I think I'll be revisiting patterns and a few more will be falling off and I'm sure that a few more might even be added..

Current WIP- Crochet
Falling Leaves Blanket (Baby) Spring 2019
Moss Stitch (premie size for charity)
Catherine's  Wheel Blanket Winter 2018
Honeycomb Blanket Fall 2018
Stitch Story CAL  (I actually started two in two different colors!) July 18 2019
Peach Blossom Blanket from spring 2018 _ Almost done, just ends to weave in!
Bee Hive Blanket- Spring 2018
Unicorn Ripple- May 2018- frogged
Pom Pom Rug- April 2018
Whale Shark- Gift for E- from two years ago
Carrot Snuggle sack- 75% done- Spring 2017
Deftly Delft Mystery CAL 2016
Flower Garden Blanket- Started 2016
Cardigan for Me -Started 2016
Sidewalk Blanket- started 2015
Twilight Ribbon  Blanket before 2015- Almost done (ends maybe) DONE!!

Crochet Projects I want to start
New Additions that I have patterns for
De Dannan wrap Tunisian Crochet 
Sheep Blanket from owlbhooked
Bee Blanket from owlbhooked
Bee blanket (I have the yarn and the pattern in a box haven't even opened it yet)
Old listings that are still hanging on 
Blankets
Mystical Lanterns - I have the pattern and started one but decided to change my colors
Monarch blanket By Hailey Bailey- I bought the pattern and it will be a gift
Patterned C2C
Wendy Blanket
10 Fleece "blankets' awaiting edging


So here I am again with a long list of ideas and it's week one of the Year of Projects group on Ravelry. If you's like to join in or just check out some great blogs, see lots of wonderful projects or just follow a group of talented and friendly people hop right on over and check it out!


20 comments:

  1. you certainly have a way with words, I've now learnt "corjo" and "cold sheep", and I will nick them, you have been warned!
    Gorgeous list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I'd love to say that I came up with them but alas I'm not quite that witty..lol
      But please use them and enjoy.

      Delete
  2. I don’t want to be accused of being an enabler, but I sold my basket making supplies and since have wished I kept them...despite having them sitting there for over 20 years waiting for me to do something with them. Was your cotton tape for macrame? It isn’t something I am familiar with, I’ve also learned corjo and cold sheep. A lovely selection of projects and quite a few blankets, so I hope your crojo comes back with gusto, as these will be some lovely projects to turn your stash into. The veggies look brilliant, especially the broccoli 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACK! to the basket making supplies..lol. My m om made baskets for a short period and I just knew it looked like fun so i picked up a few supplies to make an egg basket and then a couple more of course and it's been sitting there staring at me for the last 10 years. I'm sure it will be here for a few more too.
      The cotton tape actually came in a box that I bought at auction. Its from italy and its got to be vintage. I have large amounts of two types, I hadn't thought about it being used for macrame but that's a great idea!
      I'm going to need all the encouragement I can get but I keep seeing these lovely pile of blankets on instagram and I can't help but add the patterns to my list..
      Hopefully I'll have a couple to show of this year.

      Delete
  3. I so hope your crojo comes back. You have a real gift with the hook. Your veggies are great and I can see why they were a good seller for you. Welcome back to the group. So nice to have you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad to be back and I'm using this as encouragement to get some items completed and new ones started. I might not have posted but I was surely following along with everyone's progress.

      Delete
  4. I love the charity knits you are doing. Such a lovely way to honor you and your daughter's journey. Those knitted veggies are so cute - I can see why they sell so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The charity things are important and I know how much they will mean to someone, so it helps to encourage me to use up some of that baby yarn that has been laying around. And as an added bonus my daughter and I are revisiting some special and silly things from when she was a baby.
      The veggies are fun, I had made some like them for my daughter which is what prompted me to make more now. Her set certainly saw their time in the sun, and the mud and the garden too.

      Delete
  5. I say again, I do like a big list! I remember your veggies! They still look great, no wonder they sell! I hope the crojo returns, but either way it's lovely to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for big lists right?! Nothing wrong with dreaming big..lol I'm very happy to be back and I am using having to post as a reason to drag out some old and new projects. I've been following along and I hope to share some new things soon too.

      Delete
  6. I hope your crojo comes back! You've got some great projects on your list, can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to show them..the whole process of reviewing the list and reading others has encouraged me. So I'm hoping for something grand to show next week!

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you're back, Allison, and I hope your Crojo returns! I enjoyed the many projects you've made in the past - like your veggies! How terrific that they are still so popular. Your plan to crochet 30 things for Charis charity is a great. And how meaningful for you. Did I already say how glad I am you're back? I am! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becki! I'm so glad to hear from you. I'm really excited to get back on the bandwagon and drag some of these projects back into the light. I think being part of this awesome community will be just the thing i need to get me motivated. And thanks so much for your kind words!

      Delete
  8. I like your list, good luck with your Crojo :) Also I love that "cold sheep", I think that I need to yse that term in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold Sheep is certainly a thing I'm working on, and please use it! It's a massive list but maybe i can whittle it down bit by bit over the next year. I look forward to sharing some accomplishments with this great group of people!

      Delete
  9. Hope your crojo comes back, and I look forward to seeing your lovely projects come to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella, thanks so much. Me too! I can't wait to see everyone else's projects as they progress and have that encourage me to add some to that list also.

      Delete
  10. That's a great list! I look forward to seeing your crochet projects as your crojo continues to come back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kath! It definitely has a bit of everything so I'm hoping for some major inspiration from seeing everyone else's lists too!

      Delete