Monday, March 2, 2015

Easter Bonnet Ideas

We have a friend with two small toddlers and an older girl. She was asking about the possibility of me making a set of Bonnets/hats for the girls for Easter. I had made a few for E, oh about 23 years ago but it was a simple bonnet with ribbon, and I'm sure I could knock out a couple of those for the little ones but I don't think the 8 year old would be thrilled.

She's having picture done and I'm on the search for something that might have the same lines or shapes but be age appropriate.

When I think Bonnet, Especially Easter Bonnet, this is what I think of, Basic Baby Bonnet. But not so much for the older girl. So I've moved on to maybe a shell stitch with a ribbon and maybe a single flower for the younger girls and then some thing in the same line with a group of smaller flowers for the big sister.

Something like this...for the little girls with a ribbon instead of the ties. And something along these lines for the other;  . I'd made the small kin of flower for both just different sizes and I think light colors for the younger and a shade darker for the older girls.

Do you have a favorite bonnet pattern? I've got a bit of time so I'm going to work on it a bit to get it just right. Hopefully I'll have something to show soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment