Sunday, August 14, 2016

Year of Projects Week 7


The heat is keeping me from doing too much of anything outside so I've made a bit of headway on a few projects, only one that's worth showing but I do have a small finish that was made possible by a great tool that's been laying around forever. There is something to be said about going cold sheep it makes you dig into those crates and drawers for ideas!

First here's an update on one of the blankets I'm working on. All of the squares have at least two rounds completed and I'm working on the third color.

I hate the ends but I it's going along so well I might have to dig deep and come up another variation,

Here's my finish, it will be heading out in the mail this week. It was a quicky and I enjoyed both parts of the project. I was originally going to just do the hat but I happened to run across the fleece and it was on sale and I knew that I had a skip stitch blade I bought a few years ago but never used. Dug around and found it and I can say that I'm sorry I didn't use it back when I bought it!
Blanket with edging, the skip stitch made the whole process so easy.

Completed project and just in time for the season to start, not to mention the baby!

Pears are on too, so I'll have to make a bit of time for pear butter, Spiced pear slices and pear jams.

I've took a bit of time this weekend to hunt down a couple of patterns this weekend, I have a request for something a bit old fashioned but I wanted something with a twist, found this, Mystical Lanterns and I think it will be an upcoming project for the fall. It's just too hot to even think about large blankets right now.

Thanks for stopping by! If you are interested in joining us on this adventure check out A Year of Projects on Ravelry! 




11 comments:

  1. The squa se are coming along so nicely. Great blanket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of your squares; as for the new pattern, I think whatever colors you choose will make it less old-fashioned. The cat hat is fun; made me smile. Pls show what you made with the pears in next Sunday's post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pic of the pears looks so old fashioned and nostalgic. Thanks for posting it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pic of the pears looks so old fashioned and nostalgic. Thanks for posting it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blanket and kitty hat look fun. Too cute! At first I thought the picture of the pears was an old painting. But the table gave away that it's a current photograph. It does look nostalgic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, that Mystical Lanterns pattern looks amazing. I have seen that one shared a lot in facebook groups. You know, I have a skip stitch blade too and have never used it. I should make a few blankets to donate to the hospital and try it out. I love pears and I am envious. My sister has a pear tree and she usually sends me jars of jams she makes. My favorite kind she makes has cinnamon in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those squares are just so pretty and well done on finishing the blanket in time. I've never heard of pear butter, sounds yummy. The Mystical Lanterns blanket is just fantastic! I love it and it's been quite some time since a blanket grabbed my attention that much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pears.....will need to start looking for them at my fruit market now that I know they are in season. Good job on the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pears.....will need to start looking for them at my fruit market now that I know they are in season. Good job on the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the blanket and hat, I'm sure it will be well loved. The pears look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blanket and hat, I'm sure it will be well loved. The pears look delicious.

    ReplyDelete