Thursday, July 6, 2017

Year of Projects -Week 1 2017-2018


I admit I've fallen down a bit on the posting and on the creating but I've been trying to get back on the ball and finish up a few of those things that have been patiently waiting for me to pick them back up and finish them. As I look back I can't believe that it's been  almost 10 months since my last post. I feel like I have to get back on track since the year is already starting over again.

It was a  short busy summer and a horribly cold winter and I think it sapped my will to do anything but the heat has brought me out of my shell and I have a few finishes to start my year off with.

This is my first one that was hanging around since last May, I connected the squares and started the granny rounds and ran out of yarn and it took me about 6 months to pick it up again, then it was deciding on the small squares.
and it took me about 6 months to pick it up again, then it was deciding on the small squares. 

Once that was done it worked out quickly and will be going up for sale on my Etsy site Farm2ewe soon. All of the loose ends about drove me crazy! A bit of blocking a a camel stitch border did wonders for this blanket.

This was a variation of a dish cloth design from Drops. 


Beyond thrilled to see this monster finished!



And a Cross Stitch Finish for my Craft Room,

I need to get busy and update my Project list and start keeping myself on the cold sheep track, check back in the next few weeks for new projects, an updated craft room and reuse/recycle and vintage ideas.

If your looking for inspiration, great ideas and new bloggers, make sure you join us in a Year of Projects on Ravelry.




3 comments:

  1. Your list looks interesting with lots of varied projects on it. Really love the finished blankets, specially the second one and your cross stitch project is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful blanket you turned out with the Drops dishcloth pattern! I'm working on two different pieced- together projects and I'm finding it hard to stay focused on them. Seeing yours gives me a little kick to pick mine back up. I clicked on the link above and checked out your YOP list - your projects inspire me and I look forward to seeing how your list may change. Welcome back aboard, Allison! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cross stitch is great. And your crochet squares look fun to make.

    ReplyDelete