Monday, June 18, 2018

Year of Projects Week 51..

Week 51! Oh my goodness, I started out on track, fell off, got started back good and then the battery dies in my laptop, got it replaced, then the internet dies.. It's a been a rough couple of weeks on the computer front!


Can't say I've gotten a lot of craft done either, but it has been a busy time.

My daughter's best friend has opened a Vegan specialty store on the coast and I've been busy canning and creating items for her. Over the last month I've managed to can a s bushel of pickles in various flavors, make two kinds of strawberry jams, Squash pickles, a bushel of pickled beets, 1/2 bushel of dilly beans, Brussels Sprouts, taco radishes, and other pickled vegetables. Whew.. it's been a bit crazy..lol

But they are so pretty!! Pickles Beets.. so glad to be done with these for the year..

On the crafty side, I sent down a set of small vegetables, and a couple of pillow size veggies.
Some of the smaller veggies.. which I have been told are all sold already..


Pillow sized first order.
After these disappeared so quickly I got another order for Broccoli..Yes Broccoli
So I did one along the lines as the little one shown above..
That was a serious amount of yarn for those "ruffles" lol. But it will be on it's way to a new home next weekend. I hope she loves it! These have been a lot of fun but I'm ready to get started back on some normal sized items. I have more than I'd like to admit waiting for me to get back and finish them up! 

My WIP is a bit longer than I realized when I started working on the list for the upcoming year! It's time to move some of these things into the DONE pile, before I pull out any new projects. Although it was nice to do the small project and move on to something new so quickly. I'm also trying to not to over load my list with lots of new ideas, which is way harder than it sounds! I spend way too much time on Ravelry and Pintrest. But in my defense I have a serious yarn problem and why does it seem I never have what I need for a new project?

That's me for the week, and it is a bit late but it's here. I need to get started on a year of project round up and a list for the new "year" this week, wish me luck that I don't fall down the rabbit hole of new patterns an ideas before I get it wrapped up..

If you love yarn and projects, Ravelry is for you and it's almost time for a new Year of Projects. You'll find us here on Ravelry, we post every Sunday with an update on projects new and old and the year starts in July, so It's a great time to jump on board!

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Crafting!







4 comments:

  1. Wow, you have had a couple of busy weeks. I hope your daughters store does well. How sweet of you to can for her.

    Your veggie plushies are so cute. I bet they are yarn eaters though and take quite a bit of time too. Glad to hear they are selling.

    I am with you on having a lot of yarn but never what I need for my projects. Ravelry and pinterest are my 2 big downfalls too. Maybe we need an intervention lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for the store, it's in a great area and I think it's doing well so far. Luckily I enjoy canning, i had done it as a side business for a while. it's much more fun to do small batches now.

      That broccoli had 6 skeins of yarn just in the top! It was fun to make but after that many skeins of bulky yarn I'm ready for some smaller projects.

      I keep thinking I'll do better and get my projects and yarn into ravelry, if I see how much it is on paper it might be it's own intervention. Maybe that's why I'm avoiding it..lol

      Delete
  2. Oh my word, all those pickles look amazing and I love the vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are both lots of fun.. and thankfully I enjoy being busy..lol

      Delete