Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Year of Project week 52

Goodness this year has flown, I mean both the calendar and the year of projects too!
I'm struggling to keep up, is it really going to be July this weekend?!

I'm a bit late, did I mention I'm a bit behind, this post was supposed to be a Sunday post but Sunday ended up being berry picking/ jam canning day and I was just too out of it afterwards to get a post together. But I had to make sure that I had a end of the year post on the books. I checked back and I did manage to post for the first week of this year and a few in between so I had to make sure that I had one for the ending too!

I've managed a bunch of starts, and a few finishes this year.
Here's a couple that I managed to take pictures of before they were sent off.






Some of these have been around a while some started and finished in relatively quick turnarounds.
I think that the first and last picture were the oldest projects that finally get finished up and boy was I glad to see the end of the ribbon stitch blanket. It was most definitely a UFO..

I've started way too many blankets this year so that is going to be my main focus for next year. I reviewed  my 2017-2018 list and decided that  I need to take a long serious look at it and see if I'm still in love with any of those projects..
I did some pruning of my other crafts, cross stitch and quilting, while I'm not ready to give all of it up some things just don't interest me anymore and they were moved on to make room for projects I really hope to finish at some point.

Hopefully I'll be able to add some of these to the finishes column during year 8!



If nothing else I can say it's been a colorful year..

Thanks for letting me fall in and out of the year of projects and I'm hoping to stay on a better track for year 9! If you'd like to be a Yopper too check us out on Ravelry!





6 comments:

  1. Such a colorful year! I'm glad I discovered your blog and I look forward to another year of projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria! Thanks for stopping by and joining in on the fun. I was doing my best to work through my stash so the upside to that is I can get a bit of variation in my projects. I feel like when I buy yarn I'm drawn to certain colors and everything starts to look alike..lol

      Delete
  2. I think you did quite well. Blankets take time but are so rewarding when finished. Looking forward to being with you in YOP 8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some take longer than others, because they get dumped in a bag in the bottom of a closet and sit..lol. But they are my go to for trips and tv crochet. Something about the repetitive motions I think. I'm looking for ward to more of your projects in year 8 too! Your rising tide scarf is a beautiful project!

      Delete
  3. I have loved seeing your YOP posts, Allison - no matter how regular or irregular they may have been. I don't think I'd seen the pink blanket (the top picture) before. That is a beauty! I look forward to another YOP year and visiting your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall in and out all you want that is the beauty of yop, no police here. Your projects are gorgeous, the blankets especially - you can't have too many blankets! The vegetables get me every time!

    ReplyDelete