Monday, August 13, 2018

Year of Projects Week 7

I've been a bit absent, not much crafting going on and then computer issues.
I managed to get the thing working earlier in the week and then when I was ready to post it wouldn't even turn on. I think it is a conspiracy between the yarn and the laptop. Not much headway with either one!

SO I'm a bit late but here is a bit of an update.

I did manage to add a few squares to the Peach Blossom Blanket, it seriously shouldn't take this long to get it together.
I was making sure of the layout again before I joined any more, this isn't a great shot but it was the one I'm using to keep me on track. I have completed a couple more of these.

May be one reason I'm not getting more done is that I have a bit too much help

Also added some more pompoms to my rug, again with the help..

I've gotten side tracked with a couple of orders, While it looks like a goldfish, or maybe I'm just craving cheese crackers, this guy will be a bee pillow. I'm hoping to have him delivered by next weekend. Just trying to find a little bigger eye then I can finish up the stinger end and attach the wings.

This guy is another order and will eventually be a butterfly, once the bees is done. I bought the book Beetles Bugs and Butterflies by Lalylala and I've been wanting to make a few but just haven't had much crafting time lately.


And since I haven't had much time to work on the projects on my list I had to start something new..Well it had been on my radar, but I wasn't going to start it until later in the year. This is block one of Stitch Story CAL by Heather who blogs at Keep Calm and Crochet on UK. I'm a bit behind and to make it worse (better) I decided to do two blankets, both for Christmas Presents. She is only on Block 3 and if you are interested it wouldn't be hard to catch up on or save for later.

I've decided it's time to move a few things along, weight included, so I'm spending at least an hour at the gym each night, add canning season and work, the crafting is falling a bit behind. Which doesn't stop the requests from coming in. I'll be working on pumpkin items soon and I hope to get back to some of my list before too long.  The cold Sheep is still on track and I'll post numbers next week. 

And did I mention that this Wednesday  August 14th is Granny Square Day? Surgal27 on instagram curated the idea on instagram a few years ago but this year it is being passed on to Simplycrochetmag. If your on instagram and are interested in playing along, just crochet a granny square, take a full frame picture and post with the #grannysquare2018. I'm working on a couple of different colors and designs, I'll be sure to post them all on my blog but only my favorite will make it to the farm2ewe instagram account. In years past squares were combined to make a virtual blanket, it's so much fun to be part of something that is enjoyed all over the world.

Thanks for sticking with me and if you're looking to join the Year of Projects there is no time like the present!

Have a wonderfully crafty week!

17 comments:

  1. Your helper is so sweet. He/she is just checking to make sure everything us being placed in the correct spot.

    Ha......I guessed bumble bee as soon as I saw the yellow and black work. However........I blew it on the butterfly. Thought it was a baby doll lol.

    Good luck getting the Christmas blankets done. The virtual blanket sounds pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a bit spoiled and isn't happy that these things are taking up her floor space and that she can't waller them and throw them around..lol
      It does totally look like a doll, in fact my daughter swears it looks like a glow worm she had when she was little..lol The bee is so much fun. Im never good with deadlines but we'll see!

      Delete
  2. Gotta love that helper! I read beer pillow instead of bee pillow - lol. Good for you for hitting the gym. I hope it is air conditioned. I have been going to the pool more often to beat the heat - five times this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't trade her for anything but somedays it wouldn't be a bad idea if she helped from across the room. I think you read beer because I might have been needing one once I got to this point! LOL
      Yes thank goodness the gym has a great ac system but alas no pool, I'd love one about now but I need to go to the gym a bit more before I even thing about a bathing suit! Good For you, swimming is such great exercise!

      Delete
  3. You always have fun objects you're working on, Allison. I love the Bee pillow and the Butterfly. And how cute your dog is. He looks like a sweetheart. I'm looking forward to seeing your Stitch Story blanket grow. Having done a sampler blanket I have a great appreciation for what goes into one now. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the fun stuff that keeps me going. And once people find out you do things other than blankets they come up with some interesting requests! Abbey is my heart dog and she is a major mess..lol. She is THE helper in the house when it comes to crafts. I'm thinking I like the sampler blankets better because it's not the same thing over and over, hopefully they will be a hit a Christmas too.

      Delete
  4. Aww, what a cute helper. Love the wee bee pillow and the butterfly project is going to be very cute also. Looking forward to seeing the Stitch Story Blanket, that sounds like a great project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She would say she is the supervisor, not really much of a help, she doesn't take orders well..lol.
      The pillow is so much fun and I hope gets as much love in it's new home as it has here!

      Delete
  5. The blanket is going to be gorgeous. I love the start of the butterfly and I guessed bee, it will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the stripes give it away, it will have some itty wings and of course a stinger, which it would never use, but I hoping the requester loves it as much as I do. Now to go put some wings on that butterfly..

      Delete
  6. The bee and the butterfly will be very cute when they're done. II just love the widely spaced little eyes on the butterfly body. Makes him/her look very innocent and sweet!

    The pompom rug looks very interesting too! I bet it'll feel great under foot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If nothing else the rug is a yarn eater, which is good since I'm using partial balls on it. I think it will be a nice addition to my bedroom.
      I've been missing my garden this year, so I think I'm trying to bring it inside with the veggies and the bugs!

      Delete
  7. Your dog is so cute! Love the pillow and butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute bee! Look forward to seeing these finished with wings 🐝🦋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the finished project will do a bee justice, The wings on the butterfly might take a bit longer.

      Delete
  9. Good help is hard to find or so I hear! LOL! Yours is good looking though. I adore your projects and I am such a blanket fanatic and actually think I will join the Keep Calm CAL for sure! Love your Peach Blossom blanket and those colors! The 'bugs and critter' are so cute! I have one of her items as a languishing WIP and I need to get it out...love her style and I faved the book on Amazon...we are SO on the same page! I'm just farther behind than you are! LOL! Have a great week....I need to go figure out a color scheme for that blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's it! Sometimes you have to take what you can get..lol
      YAY! It so nice to know you are working along with others even if it's virtually! I really love this blanket and I think samplers are so much more fun than the same square over and over.
      I don't even want to tell you how long I've had that book.. but I'm finally getting on board with making some "Bugs". I think that I'll enjoy the beatles a bit more. But i do like the way she put them together as a play set.
      Can't wait to see what colors you pick for your blanket!

      Delete