Monday, August 20, 2018

Year of Projects Week 8


Just a short post today, I have a finish, some progress and a pattern that I just couldn't resist (that I hope to get to in the next couple of years..).

First up is my finish unfortunately he's not on my list for the year but I'll take yarn moving out of the house any day. I had a preview last week and I finally found some eyes so I was able to finish him off and get him stuffed and ready to go. He should be landing in his new home next weekend!


He's such a happy guy!

On to the pattern that I just couldn't say no to. The Luna Blanket by Hailey Bailey.

If you're interested here's a link on Ravelry for it

I originally saw it on instagram and knew it had to be knitting, but nope it's crochet and my daughter loves luna moths, so I'm adding it to the ever growing pile of items I really want to work on. Hailey has some really cute items in her Etsy shop, bees, feathers and birds too. Now to find the right Luna color...

Did you know that last Wednesday the 15th was Granny Square day on instagram? I worked up a couple of squares but decided on this one..
All of the samples went into a bag for future blanket ideas!

 It so much fun to see the virtual blankets that people put together, and to think that so many squares traveled all over the world virtually on one day is a tribute to crafters and crochet.

I have made some progress on the CAL, square 2 is finished, it's a moss stitch so not much to see, but I'll be starting square 3 this week and I could be caught up by the time the next one is released.

My crafting time this week might be taken up with pumpkins, Canning ring and fabric, and maybe a crochet one or two, since fall is right around the corner and the orders are coming in. 

So I'll give a bit of a small update on the Cold sheep while I'm here!

Prior Count 1450 (out)
Intake 109 yards (boo but it was for the bee)
Bee  -545 yards
Granny Squares 10yds (guesstimate)
CAL Squares (2 sets of 2 squares)- 700 total (guesstimate)
=2596 yards out for week 8

Not too shabby, but I'm not counting the joining on the Peach Blossom yet so it should be going up 

Wishing you a very Crafty and Productive week!



4 comments:

  1. That bee IS a happy little fellow. So cute. The moth blanket is really unique. Your daughter will be very happy to receive it. Can't wait to see what colors you choose for it. Beautiful granny square too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! He is quite funny I think. She had sent me a picture of one that was about a 10th of this size so I was trying to keep the whimsey in a larger size. I think my issue will be to find the correct green for the moth! I'll need to be on the lookout and scoop it up when I find it! I'm not very good at hitting deadlines for projects for her, so she'll be thrilled if she gets it in the next couple of years..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bee is adorable, the moth blanket looks like a great project, and I love the colors on the granny square. You're doing great on your cold sheep! My sheep is burning hot and smoking around the ears. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bee turned out great! And yes - very happy looking. That Luna Moth blanket is amazing! Can't wait to see yours, Allison. And I missed Granny Squared DAY!?! I have so many to work on... The one you picked to show us make is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete