Sunday, May 6, 2018

Week 44 Year of Projects


The weather has been so nice this week, that I've been working outside until late after work so that doesn't leave much time for crochet. But I do have a finish on a special request.

A while back I had finally finished up a set of play vegetables. One of them was a beet.

My daughter and her best friend who are vegan immediately requested a beet pillow! I've got a couple of other items on the hooks but then I heard that Jessie is opening a vegan store! I was inspired to go ahead and start those pillows! It took me a bit to get the right shape. I was trying to start at the bottom  like I had done with the turnip and beet above but I just couldn't get a shape I was happy with. So I switched to the top and it finally came together! Now I just have to duplicate it again. I think I'll write it down this time so I can make more in the future for the shop, along with some other vegetables. 

The really fun, cosmic alignment part is that while I was working on these secretly of course, They were supposed to be a surprise for them. Jessie sent me a message and said she had finally come up with a name for the store... Up_Beet Market! So now I really have to get this out to her before the store opens! 
It's raining and the lighting is horrible but I just had to share these..lol
I think they'll love it, now I just have to dive back in and get the second one completed. Working with the bulky yarn is a work out, at least I'm getting some exercise today!

I've got a couple more layers on my rainbow ripple and a couple of squares joined on the peach blossom blanket. no pictures but hopefully a finish or almost finish for next week.

Be sure to check out the other Yoppers on Ravelry or join us each Sunday for updates.



5 comments:

  1. Wow! Your chunky beet is terrific! Your daughter and her friend is going to love them. How perfect. Up Beet Market - How great is that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great mom you are knitting up that beet pillow for your daughter's friend. It is so unique and I am sure she will love it. I had to laugh at your workout comment - knitting for exercise - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice veggies. I am sure they will be appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are awesome! Where do you find the time? Working and then gardening and/or yardening...I would come inside and drop....I can only do so much anymore at my age....I call them baby steps but I remember those days when I couldn't wait to get home and work on another project in the yard or on the farm and garden....those were the days. Now, I'm a slug! LOL!
    Those beets both the little one and the big one are adorable and she will be thrilled! I would be. It just so happens my daughter and I love beets and I had some pickled beets last night with my supper. You are very kind to go to all that work. I wish her success in her new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all brilliant and such a fitting gift for the shop.

    ReplyDelete