Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Week 1 Year 8 of a Year of Projects


So it looks like a new laptop will be in my future, it's conked out on my again this weekend. No warning, just poof, it turns off. I bought a battery the last time and it seemed to be fixed but no luck. So I'm a bit late again this week but I had to get the list up for year 8 week 1 of the Year of Projects.

I've had some finishes but I've had a lot of startitis too. So I've decided the best way to clear some of those bags that are hanging on my craft room door and to bust some of the stash too, I'm going to concentrate on working on some of the old outstanding projects I have literally hanging around.

I think this is a fairly good representation of the items. I did manage to finish up two last year and I'm hoping to see all of these this year. If I run across some others I'll add them to the list.

While I need to see the end of these, I know I have a hard time NOT starting something else. So I'm going to limit the new starts to one at a time and only if a project gets marked off of the list first. Hopefully I'll have some special orders or requests too.

Also I know me and I'll never be able to work on one project until it's done so I'll try to do a bit on each each week, or at least a few.. Thankfully it will help the cold sheep process too, since I have a majority of the yarn bought already for these projects!

Ya'll have to keep me on track, I am already thinking about what the new projects should be!

Sigh that quilt down there, yes the "jar quilt" the top is done and it was supposed to be a going to college gift, well she graduated in 2008.. The top is almost complete, she even brings it up every now and then, her birthday has passed for the year but maybe I should shoot for 2020, she'll be 30..lol

Year of Projects Year 8 July 2018-2019

This is the year of finally finishing projects...and I'm still working the cold sheep plan.

Current WIP- Crochet
Peach Blossom Blanket from this spring 2018
Bee Hive Blanket- Spring 2018
Unicorn Ripple- May 2018
Pom Pom Rug- April 2018
Wood Land Animal hats- November 2017
Whale Shark- Gift for E- from only a year ago
Carrot Snuggle sack- 75% done- Spring 2017
Flower Garden Blanket- Started 2016
Cardigan for Me -Started 2016
Sidewalk Blanket- started 2015

Current WIP in Cross Stitch
Moose Welcome Cross Stitch
Lizzy Kate- Be who you are
Log cabin Quilts
Lizzy Kate- Dog Lessons
Lizzy Kate- Cat Lessons

Sewing Projects WIP
Soot Pillows for E
Project bags
Animal applique pillows

Quilt Projects WIP
Jar Quilt for E-2005
Wolf Panel- quilt 2008
Log cabin panel- quilt 2006

Old Wool Projects -
Bags of Fleece- Wash/Process/Dye
Spin roving bought from Heelside Farms
Get the wheel out and do some spinning

Thanks for stopping by! We're just starting a new year so it's a great time to join the Year of Projects! You can find us here on Ravelry!

14 comments:

  1. I don't know if I can keep you on track, but I'll be a cheerleader. You've got a lot of cool WIPs there - of various crafts. I truly look forward to seeing your finishes this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will appreciate all of the help I can get! I'm fairly overwhelmed with the bags hanging around..lol
      I haven't meet a craft I didn't like, which isn't always a good thing! I'm hoping to see some progress soon too. Thanks for being my cheerleader!

      Delete
  2. You will have so much fun completing all those WIP's. Just think of all the space you will have when they are completed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it will feel really great to be bale to share the finishes and to have some of my project bags back will be nice too! I've piled them next to my project chair to keep me on track so I won't be lured into a new project anytime soon.

      Delete
  3. I look forward to seeing you complete your WIPs. I’m trying to get mine under control by focusing on just 2-3 projects at a time. I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of working on a couple at a time. I think I'm going to try to pick the ones that are the most complete to work on first so that I can use the finishes to encourage me to keep the progress going! I will have to rotate them a bit, so I can keep the "new" interest on a project!

      Delete
  4. Oh my, I thought I had too many wips but you win!! I love your idea of spending this year on destashing and FO. I will be following your progress with delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid there are a couple more hiding around my craft room, too. Unfortunately I'll accept that WIP crown with a laugh. I hope I see a dent in the UFO's and the stash this year. I figure my mess can be used as a deterrent to new crafters..lol

      Delete
  5. I’ll be right besideBecki cheering you on! Finishing FOs feels great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm afraid i'll need all of the encouragement I can get! I am ready to see some finished projects myself!

      Delete
  6. Count me in with the cheerleading team! Your WIPs sound so exciting, I can't wait to see progress photos, and, of course, FO photos. It'll be so great for you to tick them off your list, and get to snuggle under some of those quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate it! I'm going to need all of the cheering I can get! I think it will be nice to see the end products. Unfortunately already this week I have been working on mushrooms for an order instead of my wip. They will be delivered to their new home on Saturday so hopefully I'll have a bit of progress to show on Sunday. Thanks so much for stopping by! My daughter will be thrilled to get her quilt.. it's only a couple of years past the due date..lol

      Delete
  7. Rah rah! (Joining the cheerleading squad.) But I am glad to know I'm not the only one suffering from startitis and to meet someone with more WIPs than me. :) Also, thanks for the laugh on the "cold sheep"! I hadn't heard that one before. My goal for this year was just more out than in, but I'm failing so maybe I should join you at going cold sheep for the rest of the year. -- Ruby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining in on the support! I wish I could claim the cold sheep line but I wasn't the smart one who came up with it but it is surly fitting to my situation..lol. I'm hoping to see a serious decline in stash. I'd enjoy company on the Cold Sheep band wagon!

      Delete