Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Famous Chickens!



Amazon       Barnes and Nobles      Author's Website

If you love chickens, have a backyard flock or wish you did this is a coffee table book for you!
This book is full of enchanting pictures of Kathy Shea Mormino's flock, beautiful backyard and coops.Ms. Mormino is the self described Chicken Chick, who gives tips on having a healthy backyard flock. She has also been an advocate for backyard chickens in communities for many years.

This book however is not a how to book, it's really a "look how beautiful my Girls (and Roos) are" and I totally agree.  Kathy's Chicken's have been facebook and Instagram stars for a while and now she's sharing them with the rest of the world in book format! The adoring public has followed along with their ups and downs and now they are immortalized on paper.

Beautiful scenes are captured in the pages and the ever iconic Rachel is even given her own chapter!
You'll fall instantly in love the Araucanas and Frizzles, Marans and Cochins (think fuzzy feet).
The seasonal photography is breathtaking and it will make you want to pull up a chair and visit with them for a while.

She starts with the littles and seriously what's cuter than a baby chick? I personally have chickens and I can tell you that they have personalities from day one. It's an amazing thing to watch them grow from fuzzy little poofs to mini dinosaurs with their own distinct personalities.

Later chapters are for the girls and another for the boys. As I the perused the pages I saw many expressions that I have seen in my own flock. Scarlet steals my heart, she looks like our Martha and even has the same attitude, I wonder if it has something to do with being a redhead?

And of course there is a whole chapter on the Fluffy Butts, who doesn't love to see those bloomers?

Even better, if you are considering a flock of your own, there is an index listing every bird and their breed along with their name in the back. That way if you find The One, you'll know exactly what to ask for when at that next Chicken swap!

Chickens have so much personality and Kathy Shea Mormino has captured some of it in a most enjoyable way. This book would be great for kids, and adults alike. It is a picture book with some small amount of commentary. If you have someone on your gift list missing the farm life or dreaming of their own flock this book is a must.

I received a copy from Netgalley for an honest review.
This review is my own work and my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment