Sunday, July 7, 2019

Week 1 Year of Projects -Year 9 Starting List

Last year I really thought that it would the catch up year for projects, it really didn't work out that way, best laid plans and all. I had a few set backs and unfortunately a few more starts..lol But this time Year of Projects start is falling on a bit better situation for me. I did however continue my cold sheep and I plan on keeping with that this year. My craft room is a bit out of control and has expanded to to other rooms. Hopefully being dedicated and making myself responsible to this awesome group I'll make some great head way in the 9th year of YOP. I have actually started for the last four years, but as great as I start I seem to lose steam and fall behind, which is  also why I have so many WIPs. 


Year of Projects Year 9 July 2019-2020

This is the year of finally finishing projects...and I'm still working the cold sheep plan.

Current WIP- Crochet
Falling Leaves Blanket (Baby) Spring 2019
Moss Stitch (premie size for charity)
Catherine's  Wheel Blanket Winter 2018
Honeycomb Blanket Fall 2018
Stitch Story CAL  (I actually started two in two different colors!) July 18
Peach Blossom Blanket from spring 2018
Bee Hive Blanket- Spring 2018
Unicorn Ripple- May 2018
Pom Pom Rug- April 2018
Whale Shark- Gift for E- from two years ago
Carrot Snuggle sack- 75% done- Spring 2017
Deftly Delft Mystery CAL 2016
Flower Garden Blanket- Started 2016
Cardigan for Me -Started 2016
Sidewalk Blanket- started 2015
Twilight Ribbon  Blanket before 2015- Almost done (ends maybe)


Current WIP in Cross Stitch
Moose Welcome Cross Stitch
Lizzy Kate- Be who you are
Log cabin Quilts
Lizzy Kate- Dog Lessons
Lizzy Kate- Cat Lessons

Quilt Projects WIP
Jar Quilt for E-2005
Wolf Panel- quilt 2008
Log cabin panel- quilt 2006

Old Outstanding Projects
Wool Projects -
Bags of Fleece- Wash/Process/Dye 2014
Spin roving bought from Heelside Farms 2016
Get the wheel out and do some spinning

New Projects if I can get some of the OLD done

Crochet Projects
Blankets
Patterned C2C
Wendy Blanket
4 Seasons CAL from Deramores
10 Fleece "blankets' awaiting edging
Mini Spirals of Change
Star Blanket
Angelica Afghan
Blue Mandala Throw

Shawls
Maple Leaf
Oswin
Yes Yes Shawl
Festival Shawl
Hitchin a Ride
Charleston Wrap

Amigurumi
I just bought Unicorns, Dragons and More Fantasy Amigurmi 

Other items of Interest
Nature's Best Hat
Rolling in the Deep Cowl
Cat beds for a local rescue
Leaping Stripes and Blocks Beanie
Lake Town Socks

This is a fairly good representation of what needs to be worked on and what I'd like to work on next. I have made a deal with myself that I can't start another project until at least two are finished. I'm heading to the Southeast Animal Fiber Fair in October, so I'm really hoping to have a few finished before I head out so I can bring a few more projects home!

I'm looking forward to meeting some Ravelry people while out at SAFF in Asheville this October, so if you are out that way lets get together for some yarn fun!

If you are like me and need some encouragement to help you get you UFOs turned into FO then check out the Ravelry group Year of Projects. It's a great group of  talented crafty friends who post each Sunday to talk about their progress, show off some beautiful work and encourage each other. You will have to be a member of Ravelry but if you are into fibre crafts it's the place to be.

16 comments:

  1. A comprehensive list for the year ahead and I look forward to seeing pictures of the items you are working on, as the weeks go on. I like that our group has a mix of people who work on one project at a time and others who work on many. Good luck with your WIPs ahead of the festival. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite the list..lol. And I have to restarin myself from adding items to it. If I run across a started project I will add it so that I can keep myself accountable but I'm trying not to add new projects..
      I do enjoy seeing who other people work their projects, but then there is always something new I want to add to my list!

      Delete
  2. Over the years, I think everyone's list has evolved, and indeed during the year. Yours is great, with a good mix of wips and some lovely new starts. I'm sure you can finish up some of those wips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your confidence, I'm going to need a large cheering section I'm afraid to keep me on track or at least hold me accountable.
      It seems like there are lots of clothing options on the lists this year, maybe I'll be able to add my cardigan to the finished projects!

      Delete
  3. What a great comprehensive list and one that will help you stay on track with getting those wips done but I like that you've also added in your new starts and things you'd like to begin also, this will help keep it interesting for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite the list, and it feels like a good time to really dig in and get somethings done.

      Delete
  4. I think we are sisters separated at birth....actually I'm probably old enough to be your mother but you get my drift. I too get overwhelmed not just with my WIP list but my house and garden and decorating and budget....but I must admit, when I do feel overwhelmed I sit down and work on a (mindless)WIP and think about the next 3 priorities I need to do (non-craft related) sitting and crocheting or knitting or cross stitching helps me relax and focus on what truly needs to be done that day. We have some similar WIPs too....you can do this....1 WIP at a time! Here's to a great productive year for all of us! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, YES, YES to all of those things. I think we are at the very least related..lol
      I can't wait to compare notes on our progress this year!

      Delete
  5. You have some great WIP projects. I look forward to seeing them as you finish them. And the new starts! Some beautiful blankets in that list. So glad you're joining back up with a Year of Projects, Allison!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for all of your kind support this year and in prior years too!
      I'm hoping to have a few more finishes than starts this year!

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to getting to know you this year. I was an original member of this group way back when and the last 2 years I tried to join in, I ran out of steam with blogging and stuff--I know how that feels. :) You have so much to work with here on the list---one breath at a time, one project at a time. My new theory regarding old wips, if it isn't bring me joy, I can frog it!
    xoxo
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been around for a few years and I seem to start out pretty good, then fall away but I'm hoping that I can keep myself accountable to the group and really make some progress this year. It's such a great group of bloggers and so many great finishes as well as new projects I'm looking forward to a great year.

      Delete
  7. Those WIP's should be finished quickly. You do such beautiful work with your hook and yarn. I am looking forward to watching finished items filling up your blog each week. Happy to see you back again this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my you have more faith in me than I do..lol
      And i Appreciate your wonderful comment, it really does mean a lot when it comes from someone who does absolutely beautiful work herself! I hope to have lots to show off this year.

      Delete
  8. So many great wips....you can do it...one wip at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's it, just one step at a time, not getting in too deep that I can't see the ending, so I lose interest and have to start another. I really think this will be the year to start clearing some of these UFO out.

    ReplyDelete