Sunday, July 28, 2019

Year of Projects Week 4

It's Sunday again, I was off a couple of days and they went way too fast!

I have a couple of almost finishes and I even visited a Yarn Store and managed to stick to my Cold Sheep.

E and I traveled to Nags Head which is part of the North Carolina Outer Banks, only a couple of hours north from us, to pick up a couple of mugs from a potter she follows on Instagram. Her online sales generally sell out so we went straight to the source. Being crafters with small businesses of our own we try very hard to support others. Her business is Swell Ceramics and this is her instagram, if you are interested in some very beachy type mugs and cups.

While we were there we ran over to South Beach take out, which has a truly awesome menu of vegan, and other options, it can be hard to find really good food for different dietary options, but they really do a great job. If you are out that way check them out.

The best part of that is in the same shopping center is a yarn store, Yarn and More. I know who expects to find yarn at the beach, I was very thrilled! I love an Local Independent yarn store, especially one with such a great selection. They had some very beautiful yarns, all the supplies you need, in case you happen to have left your favorite hook at home or need a new project, and even cross stitch supplies. I'm hoping to get back up there soon, maybe in the fall after the tourist season is over. While I oohed and awwd over lots of beautiful yarn I left empty handed with the promise to come back once I've moved a few more projects out. It wasn't easy but I'm determined.

So that brings me to the Peach Blossom Blanket. The squares are all joined and now it's time for the boarder and about a thousand ends to be sown in .I'm pretty sure that I'll be doing some kind of fan stitch for the boarder, just the gray, since I have this huge skein to use up..lol




I've made great headway on the pillow too. Hexi's join easily, I think my biggest concern was color placement. I should have that finish this week and another one started by next weekend. I need a cushion for the rocking chair too, so I'm thinking same color palette. I have ideas for a couple of other pillows and I have the fabric and the pillow forms so there's a couple of more items heading out of the craft room too. I'm hoping to have a bit more working space come winter, which is when I have more time for crafting.




 
We've had a nice end to the week weatherwise and so I've been spending more time than normal in the yard, trying to get this  hot mess under control..lol. But I'm thrilled to be making the head way I have, but there is still lots to finish and so many things I'd love to start.

So my Year 9 progress is: 
615 yards Yarn in and 782 yards out.
I jelly roll in process in and none in.

I'm still on the positive side and I can add a pillow form too!


I hope everyone has great week and If you'd like to join us or just love a to see some seriously talents crafters at work, check out all of the blogs who are participating in a Year of Projects!





7 comments:

  1. Peach blossom is great. Can't wait to see it with the border. The hexis are adorable and I love the way you have placed the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peach blossom is wonderful - so delicate looking. Your hexis are impressive - you say they join easily, but look at all the sides you have to match. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket is gorgeous and the pillow is lovely. I love the colours in the hexis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Peach Blossom blanket looks great and I don't envy you those ends, it will be worth it in the end though. I love how the hexis are coming together, what a pretty pillow that's going to make. Sounds like your few days off were great and well done on not buying any yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Peach Blossom blanket is just beautiful. You chose your colors really well. Good luck on all the ends. You'll be rewarded with a lovely finished blanket. The hexis will make something lovely, too. I like the colors you've chosen there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peach Blossom is lovely! I love crocheted blankets and really should learn out to do it! I always look for yarn shops when I go on vacation--yarn has become my souvenir of choice.

    Have a super week!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That blanket is gorgeous! I love your colour choice.

    ReplyDelete