Sunday, July 14, 2019

Year of Projects Year 9 Week 2

Yay Progress!

Okay, so It's only week 2 but there is progress, I've got a finish and an update. The finish isn't yarn related but it a project that's been hanging around for a while, almost done. My Moose Welcome Cross Stitch is complete, well craft wise, it still needs to be framed but that should be heading over to do that in the next week or two.
It's just been washed so it needs to be stretched back out but Yay it's a finish!


Then I have my yarn related update, I've managed some work on the Peach Blossom Blanket. All of the squares are done, actually they have been done for a while. I decided on doing a Celtic Lace Join  by Cypress Textiles and it takes another 3 rounds on each square then a joining round, so it's not a real fast project but I'm loving the way it looks. Last fall I had decided on a layout and joined a couple of squares.
This what I started with 

Squared them off

This is with the join rounds, quite a difference in size..

And the lay out
And today's updated progress. I should have another two joined today, and if I'm really diligent I might get it finished this week! It's going to take a bit of blocking once it's ready but I think it's going to look great. 

Which would be great considering a might have bought a Jelly roll to make a pillow for my bedroom.
And I promised myself no new starts until I have a finish or two..

I stayed on my Cold Sheep ( not counting fabric) but didn't weight the skein before I started, I'll wait till next week and have an accurate number.
So I'll start year 9 with:
O yarn in - ? yarn out
1 Jelly Roll of  Fabric in- 0 Fabric out

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all of the other awesome updates in this weeks Year of Projects!



10 comments:

  1. Loving the welcome stitcher. Your squares for the blanket are so pretty. Good job on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been working on the cross stitch so long my decor has changed..lol. But it's still going on the wall.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh... I remember and love your peach blossom squares! That blanket is going to be gorgeous when it's finished. It makes me think of my Maybelle squares I began a couple of years ago. Inspire me, please, Allison!!! And your Moose Welcome cross stitch picture is really nice. It's so good to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blanket has been around a while, maybe not as long as the moose but still. Thanks so much for your kind words of encouragement. It's exciting to see it come together! I'm hoping that the thought of getting everything finished will keep the process moving right along. So far so good

      Delete
  3. That welcome sign is soooo lovely, I’d love to live somewhere that has log cabins and moose roaming, so I’d find that sign a lovely welcome home in my hallway. It took me 20 years to do the only cross stitch thing I’ve done so I’m always impressed by others who do things like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in the south on the beach but I love a moose..lol
      Yes i'd love a log cabin in the woods and a Moose neighbor. My Step sister lives in Alaska and she sends me pictures as they wander across her yard..
      This one took a while but not quite that long..lol. Let's hope that the next one!

      Delete
  4. The Moose Welcome project looks great and I cant' wait to see it all framed. The Peach Blossom Blanket is just fantastic, even now when it's not complete I just love everything about it from the colours chosen to the squares and their join.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That blanket has been a done in shifts..lol. But it's been lots of fun taking pieces of things and making them a cohesive whole. I just have to figure out a good boarder next..

      Delete
  5. Peach Blossom is aptly named. It is a stunner! I re-started cross-stitching a year ago after a 12 year break and I am loving it so much--and I think it is wonderful seeing it in YOP project posts--your Moose is delightful!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny but I ran across the original blossom squares when our peach trees were blooming and that was my inspiration behind the colors. It's been lots of fun.
    I hear ya about coming back to cross stitch I have done the same thing, i have so many charts and kits just waiting for some attention. Best of luck in your projects!

    ReplyDelete