Sunday, March 4, 2018

Year of Projects Post Year 7 Week 36

Just a quick update on the current blanket, an Easter Project and a small Birthday surprise.

I've completed the flower portion of my current Work in Progress. 30 flowers down now it's time to square them up.
Lot's of ends left to weave in but I thought it would be easier to do as I complete the squares. Winter decided it wasn't quite done with us already. The temperature has dropped and it seems more like blanket weather again. 

Easter is right around the corner and I have a couple of crafts in the works, one is bunnies! They are all cut out and ready to be stitched up. I'll be finishing them off with a pom pom tail. Colored tails for the white and white tails for the colored. 
Since I had the pom pom maker out for tails, and someone has a birthday coming up quickly I whipped out a couple of "Soot Sprites" from the Spirited Away movie  for the Kiddo. Just a couple of oversized eyes and a bit of clear thread and these guys will make a great addition to any corner..lol
I've got another project on tap for her and a couple of weeks to get it completed.  She's been eyeing those faux fur blankets and I found a great DIY post on putting one together.  Hopefully that will be a finish for next week.

Check out what the other Yoppers are up to this week!


4 comments:

  1. So much "spring-ness" in your projects. I love the shades of pink in your Maybelle Flowers. Can't wait to see the blanket take shape. And your bunnies are going to be so sweet. I look forward to seeing them finished with tails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking how much spring pastel there is in your post too!

    Interesting post about making your own faux fur blanket. I'd be worried about how much fuzz, dust and lint there'd be... just thinking about that makes me sneeze.

    Sounds like your daughter's going to be surprised with lots of fun, thoughtful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You flower centers are so spring like looking. You must be trying to drop hints to the Big Guy in the heavens lol. And if that wasn't a big enough hint......your pastel bunnies are sure to get His attention. LOL

    Your daughter is going to be so happy when she sees the soot eyes and her very own fur blanket. I looked up the soot eyes. Kind of creepy for me but I can see where they would have an appeal to the younger crowd.

    That fur blanket tutorial makes it look so easy. I look forward to seeing how it goes for you. If it goes well, I may make one or two for gifts this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought those flowers looked familiar! I loved making mine...very satisfying and relaxing. I still have to order more yarn to finish it! Maybe you've motivated me as yours are so pretty. Love your bunnies too. I looked at the DIY for the faux fur....that is going to be darling for your daughter. You are very productive! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete