Monday, March 26, 2018

Year of Projects Year 7 Week 39

Ack! It's  been a busy week, who am I kidding, it's been a busy month at work and at home, so my craft time has been severely limited. The majority of my craft time has been dedicated to yarn but only because I'm filling orders for Yarn Wrapped Carrots   and Stuffed Bunnies with their pompom tails. Not that I'm complaining but the items on my "I want to make this" List is getting longer by the day!

I worked a bit on my "Bee Hive Blanket" and then I was tagged in a group that makes "Angel Dresses" by a friend in California. They were in need of hats, blankets and Angel pins. I requested the patterns they were using, it came in late yesterday afternoon. In the enormous stash I had some pastel baby yarn so I'm working on getting a box out to them soon. These hats are so tiny, this is the small and medium sizes requested.
This was the extent of crochet this week...


It was timely, since the kiddo's birthday is in March and we try to do something for kids around this time. She was a 32 week preemie and I know how crazy it can feel to have to leave your baby at the hospital. She is a very healthy 20 something now and I am eternally grateful to everyone you stepped up and helped me through it. In years past we have done blankets for the linus project and the NICU department where she was born. While this organization is helping parents who are dealing with grief, I think it is an important opportunity to help.

The calendar may say Spring but the weather channel still says winter! However I did finally get my Easter wreath together and get it on the door. I'm late but my neighbors still have up St. Pat's decor. So I guess I'm not so far behind!
This was my work in progress and it was one day that the sun came out! (actual Colors)

Finished wreath and cloudy skies! ( I think winter is bringing the blue out more..lol)

The weekend did start out great, the Princess and I did the "Bunny Walk" with our local Trail Hounds group. 
Ready to get going with her friends!


walking with those ears, I wish I had a group shot!
                                                             After the walk and we still had ears!

This is a short work week for me and I'm hoping to be able to double down on some of the ongoing projects. I've found a couple of things I just really need to start..lol, BUT I've made a point that I can't start one more thing until one goes out. It's just so hard with all of the great ideas floating around out there!

If you're needing ideas check out what the other Yopper's are up to and get busy on some projects of your own!









6 comments:

  1. The hats are so tiny! You will bless many parents with your crocheted gifts, Allison. Your wreath is pretty and reminds me that I have yet to get my spring wreath on the front door. I think at this rate, I'll wait 'till Easter Sunday and that way it won't feel like an afterthought (that it's become). Did all the dogs on the Bunny Walk wear rabbit ears? How funny - and fun! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, I hope it brings someone some amount of comfort.
      I blame the weather, it's so drab it just doesn't seem like spring is actually here. We had a mini spring a month ago but winter has taken back over for a while.
      YES! A majority of the dogs did wear the ears for the entire walk, I think they were just thrilled to be out and walking again! We had a great time with a great group of friends.
      Happy Easter week! and good luck with your wreath!

      Delete
  2. How heart wrenching to see those wee hats. I have my wedding dress that i wanted to donate to the Angel dresses but they said they had too many. I will hold onto the dress for now. They may want it later on.

    I am impressed the bunny ears stay on lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you see them against something else you really see how small they are, it's heartbreaking. I think there are groups in lots of states that are making these gowns, I know I've reached out to local chapters but haven't gotten a response. The one I am working with is actually out of Maryland and she's just getting and has a goof group working with her. I think it goes in cycles and hopefully they'll have room for your gown soon.

      I'm surprised too, She was a real trooper about it, lots of the dogs kept them on for the whole walk too. I think they enjoyed the attention as much as the walk!

      Delete
  3. Your dog in the bunny ears has made my day!! The wreath is lovely, such a gorgeous blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind words. You can tell she is very proud of herself in that last picture..lol Abbey is a princess but is a bit shy, these events are a lot of fun for us both. We are both ready to for some warmer weather so we can get out more, bunny ears and all!

      Delete