Sunday, March 18, 2018

Year of Projects Week 38 Year 7



I've managed four finishes this week,three smalls and one larger, two of them are crochet, one sewing one sewing related.
The first was a pin cushion that once was part of an arrangement from when I was born. My mom is cleaning out some cabinets and thought I might like to have it. I thought I would make it into something useful, it's now a great addition to my sewing table.


This is my second,larger finish I might have been up past midnight getting it done but it was ready for my daughter's birthday!




I've done a bit more digging and I have uncovered the cardigan that I started a couple of years ago, so along with all of the other projects I'm working on I'm going to add that back to the rounds.

Finished a couple of more squares and a hexi's , I might start joining a few this week. 

Another thing I dug up was a set of Play Veggies, I had made a few items and I always meant to go back and add a couple of more but it was put in a box and forgotten. I found it and I've managed to whip up a broccoli and a mushroom, I'm contemplating an apple, radish or tomato and maybe some grapes? But once it's done it will be added to my Etsy along with it's super cute market bag. 
In order to help get back into building this blog, I decided to do the blogging from A to Z Challenge in April. You pick a pick a topic and post every day in April except for Sundays, using the letter of the day. I'm going with upcycling products in new and fun ways. The main website has a list that can be sorted by categories and themes, so you can find what you're interested in without having to go through a ton of blogs, as of now there are 351 blogs participating. 

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out what all of the other Yoppers are up to this week too!


4 comments:

  1. Turning that stroller vase into a pincushion is genius! It looks adorable. And that blanket you made for your daughter looks soft as a cloud. I imagine she loved receiving it. And oh my goodness - the broccoli and mushroom are cute! Cant wait to see other veggies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have been up past midnight... lol! Reminds me of that Christmas morning that I might have woven some ends at the coffee shop up the street :) Looks great though, and I bet your daughter loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet idea and it turned out so cute! I have a lamb planter from when I was born....hmmm? Your daughter is going to love that blanket...so cuddly and soft. The veggies are too cute and I am joining with you on the A to Z blogging event. My blog could use a little 'shot in the arm" and it sounds like fun. Have a great week and oh, hexies...I love them!

    ReplyDelete