Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Extra Vases and What to do with them



Vases, old, new, clear, colored, we all have a few hanging around. Mine are under my kitchen sink and laundry room sink and it's quite possible that there are a few in the barn. It's not that I have gotten so many flowers in my life time but but I've inherited some and some were left over from other projects and some have been filled with flowers. But what to do with them other than let them take up much needed space? I've done the research and I'm ready to share it with you, so pull them out and get ready to repurpose.

Most vases have a lot in common, they are glass and they are clear, they don't a have lot of personality going for them so they end up hidden away. One easy fix is to give them a little notoriety with some paint and some embellishments. Then you can group them and different sizes and styles work together because they have something in common, color!

I love everything about this idea from Vera Morae

Can you believe these were once just clear glass from the thrift store?
Madigan Made tells you exactly how she got this cobalt color 

Are your vases a little on the plain side? No worry you can add some interested with Twine.

  Teach Craft Love used A bit of twine and some hot glue for a interesting display 
Here's an interesting tutorial on decoupaging with Lace by Urban Comfort, that would be great for adding a bit of Shabby Chic to a plain vase
Lace 2

Not looking to add more items to your counter top, how about using those vases in your garden? 
Glass Garden Ideas 4130
Add a bowl and you've got instant whimsy for your garden. 

If these mushrooms aren't enough for you how about slipping a vase over those not so pretty solar lights to turn them real decor like they did at My Frugal Home. How pretty would this be at night?! And if you have different types or shapes all the better/
How to Dress Up Cheap Solar Lights

No matter what you do with them, there are lots of ideas out there that will fit your style and budget. I hope this helps to get those gears turning to help clear out some of that cabinet space that those old vases are taking up.

I can't believe we are in the home stretch of the A to Z Challenge and I'm going to finish this year. I hope you all have had as much fun as I have and if you've learned something along the way so much the better. W is for Windows and I've been collecting these ideas for a while, so be sure to come back tomorrow and see what all the fuss is about!

2 comments:

  1. I like your ideas for garden art. I might try that paint trick with water glasses which I can then use to border some part of the garden. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a great idea to update any kind of glass ware for decorating. With off the great spray colors available I think it will keep me busy for a while!

      Delete