Tuesday, April 24, 2018

umbrellas as door decor



You've heard about April showers bring May flowers but what do you do with the umbrella you had for those showers when it seen better days? Why you hang it on your door of course!

Is this a great idea or what?!  Via RandomThoughtsHome

Door Decor isn't the only way to use an outdated or damaged umbrella. Here are a couple of more ideas to check out before you sent it on it's way. If the frame is broken and past repair recycle that metal but keep the fabric and turn it into a pouch, it is water proof after all. Here is a great step by step video from Wonder How To that shows how to make the bag pictured below.
This is just your normal everyday umbrella but think how cute it would be using a kids or character umbrella and then think about all the ways you would use it! Win Win

If the fabric is has torn or come unattached, that's what normally happens to me, then you can reuse that frame. Patio umbrellas fall into this category too. They are generally very sturdy and one way to repurpose them is in your garden, as a trellis!
umbrella trellis
Jessica Walliser posted this to Hobby Farms. Simple and Fun

Or if your crafty or know someone who is you can turn your regular umbrella into a parasol for a little shade with an attitude. Isn't this beautiful! Swaktra turned this knitted Shawl into a parasol and we're all a bit jealous. For all of you yarn artist you can also find her and her patterns on Ravelry.
Knit lace parasol

So say the whole thing went down hill and all you have is a really cute handle? Never fear that is worthy of reuse too. In it's new life it is now a Hook! 

It's it wonderful how we can reuse things in ways we have never thought of before? What do you have laying around that could be something else? Tomorrow I'll be talking about something that I know we all have that is taking up space under my kitchen sink! 
Thanks for stopping by on my reuse, recycle, repurpose journey with the A to Z Challenge!





6 comments:

  1. What clever uses for umbrellas! The one on the door is so pretty; and the one in the garden very practical.

    Ann
    https://harvestmoonbyhand.blogspot.com/2018/04/hobbies-that-begin-with-u-blogging-from.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have thought it of personally but I am definitely on the lookout now! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't that such a great idea! I'm on the hunt for a small umbrella so I can add it to my spring decor! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Love your theme! The umbrella trellis is intriguing. I don't think I have an umbrella that looks that good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's genneraly my problem too, by the time they are ready to be replaced there isn't much left of them. But I'm keeping my eye out for them at yard sales and such this year!

      Delete