Sunday, April 22, 2018

Week 43 in the Year of Projects

This week has really flown by, this is always the crazy week of the month for me at work and being the end of the quarter makes it worse. Having said that I don't have much umpf left for crafting by the time I get home. But I did squeeze in a few things this weekend.

I had blocked my squares for my Peach Blossom blanket last week and I did about 40 variations on the layout and after many changes I think I've decided on a random layout. I tried squares, lines, and ended up with this..

I think I'm happy with it..lol
Then I knew I wanted to do a lacy border and I then I ran across Cypress Textiles Celtic Lace Join. It looked so perfect so and would add a few inches so now my blocks will look like this..
So I'm going to be needing some more yarn and it will take a bit longer than I had originally planned. It really gives it the extra elements I was looking for. Hopefully it won't take me as long to work out a boarder. I'm still going for lacy but with the other colors too.

I did manage to finally get my veggie's completed and a picture taken so that I could get it posted to my Etsy  Shop. I.m hoping to do a bit better about getting things posted on there this year, For some reason the listing is really hard for me mentally..lol
I also managed to get a few rows in on the rainbow baby ripple. Just stating the next color block.

I said I wasn't going to start another project until one gets done, BUT my brain was fuzzy with all of the posting and pictures so I went with a simple I don't have to think about it project, of which consists of granny squares and stripes. I'll have an update next week on that.

The A to Z Challenge is almost over and I've actually managed to stay ahead and I'm hoping to have all of the posts completed be early in the week. Now if I could just finish craft projects as quickly I'd be great!

Have a very crafty week! Be sure to check out the other Year of Project posts too!



5 comments:

  1. I love the lace on the blocks. It really makes the center blossom more.

    Those veggies are cute. I am sure they will sell quickly.

    Baby ripple is growing nicely. I do like those colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the simple blocks before but once I did the first one I knew that was what I wanted. It only took me a couple of days to figure it out..lol
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Your veggies look amazing! The Rainbow Baby Ripple is looking good. And boy, I can't wait 'till the Peach Blossom blanket comes together. I'm kind of new to the joining squares thing and deciding on a join and border seems the hardest part to me (unless I just go with what a designer has suggested). I think a lacy border with these squares, in the colors you've chosen, will be perfect, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks the veggies are always so much fun and I'm ready for gardening, so it's a bit of a jump on the season..
      I can't wait for the Peach Blossom blanket to come together too! I'm hoping to have it done before they blossom again. I really wanted it to be different and I'm hoping adding the lacey elements will be what I was looking for. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. All of your projects give me hope that spring and summer are coming. yayayayayay

    ReplyDelete