Sunday, April 15, 2018

Week 42 Year of Projects

Here's my year of project post and it's a short one. Not that I haven't been doing a lot of Blogging, since I'm still hanging in there with the A to Z Challenge.

I've done a small amount of work on my rainbow chevron almost done with the first section of white.

All 30 squares of the peach blossom blanket are complete and blocking. I'll be working on layout early this week, hopefully.
I've got to figure out exactly how I want to join and a border so hopefully I'll see the end of this one soon. I just have too many ideas and options so I imagine that there will be many variations before I figure it out. 

The weather has been wonderful, sunny, dry and warm. With the crazy ups and downs we've had lately I haven't started a bigger garden yet but I couldn't resist getting something started. 
I planted these tomato and basil plants last weekend and they have taken off. They are planted in a old Chicken feeder that I picked up at an auction last year. I'm hoping to add some thyme to the bottom round portion. I have another that I did today with some lemon balm and sage. I finished the little addition this weekend too. I thought I would add him to give them some encouragement..lol

This afternoon I finished up a few more hats for Babba's Angel Gowns, This week it's a Angel pins and medium and large hats. I managed to use complete quite a few hats today and I'll hopefully get the end weaved in and ready to mail before too much later. They are calling for ugly storms so I'm staying up a bit later to see what the weather brings. 

So it's been a pretty good week for cold sheep, these hats were a whole skein and then I've managed to stay out of the yarn section too. So that's a plus. 

I'm hoping for a bit more production this week, we'll see how it goes.

Hoping everyone has a very crafty week!




12 comments:

  1. I love your planter! I’ve got tomatoes and basil growing in the window sill in sub-irrigated planters made from 2 litre pop bottles. It works but it’s not very pretty :/

    Angel hats are a very good cause; very good of you to donate them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea to reuse the bottles, it's not all about what they look like but the end result right! You'll appreciate them when it's harvest time.
      I enjoy doing some charity work, it makes it all worth while know it helps someone else in need.

      Delete
  2. Great planter idea! Where are you located? I'm always interested especially for gardening and weather related news. I want one of those blanket square blockers! So cool and I love your peach blossom blanket....it will be gorgeous when you get it all joined. Your hats are precious and I did that one year and then fell off the wagon. I need to do more charitable knitting/crocheting. Right now all my charitable creations go to the grands! LOL!
    Have a great week! That A-Z challenge sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the edge of the Coastal North Carolina Region. I'm originally from the coast and will be heading back that way in the not too distant future.
      The blocker was sooo easy to make, it's dowels and a kneeling pad! I'm hoping when I get all moved again that I can make one out of wood but this works out great for right now.
      The Peach Blossom blanket has taken on a life of it's own..I decided on a lacy join so we'll see how it goes..
      At least you know you have a engaged audience when it comes to the grandchildren, i still treasure all of the things my grandparents made. Except for one clown , that clown was evil...lol

      Delete
  3. I'm excited for you that you have all your Peach Blossom squares finished. I look forward to seeing it come all together.

    Your chicken feeder planter is terrific! What a perfect (and fun) planter. And your crocheted tomato is too cute tucked into the young plant. :)

    The baby hats are so sweet and soft looking. I'm just amazed at what all you get done, Allison.

    Say... if you'd consider adding a subscribe by e-mail thingy, I'd love to subscribe so I don't miss your terrific A-Z recycling posts. E-mail is the only way I'm really able (or interested in) to subscribe to blogs since I'd rather not do the Google+ thing. Going to try to catch up the posts I've missed since I was last in here. You have such great ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becki, Thanks so much for that idea! I'l hunted it down and gotten it added!
      The blanket has taken on a life of it's own and it maybe real tomato season before it's finished!

      Delete
  4. What a great idea with that planter...your Peach Blossom squares look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm all about reusing what you have on hand. I've just started with the joining so we'll see how that goes..

      Delete
  5. You post gives me hope that spring is coming. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sooo ready for spring, just spring not early summer heatwaves, just spring..
      Thanks for stopping by and I hope your weather gets back on track soon!

      Delete
  6. Love your planter and your squares are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks the plants are doing great and I've got the second one done too. The squares are ready to join and I'm ready to see it done.

      Delete