Sunday, April 29, 2018

Week 44 Year of Project Post



Just a Quick check in for the Year of Projects,

I've finally gotten a couple of squares joined on the Peach Blossom Blanket. I'm doing the Celtic Lace join by Cypress Textiles. I was happy with the original squares and I was planning a Lacey boarder but this is even better. Here's some progress.

It's going to need a bit more blocking after this .. It's another 4 rounds to the original squares so it will be a bit bigger than I had originally planed but that's another plus too.

Made some progress on the rainbow ripple too
I think I have the repeats worked out to get the size I want hopefully I'll see a finish quickly.

It's been a busy week, spring is finally here so I've made a bit of Jam to celebrate..lol
I've also had a bunch of projects sitting around waiting for me to get around to them, one of them was a vintage bird feeder out of a sugar bowl that I had picked up at a thrift shop a couple of weeks ago.
The birds have enjoyed it and it's a nice addition to my patio garden. And I'm glad to move it into the done column.

I've also managed to put together a couple of "wreaths", one for my door and one for a friend. The one for my door was from a wooden frame I had been holding on to for a while.  A little paint and a bow and it's ready to go.

The second is for a friend, a rag wreath, I'll be making some more of these, it was actually fun and I love the way it looks. I think it would be a great add to my Etsy store. Just in time for the Holidays.

I'm hoping to have a bit more Crochet time in the next coupe of weeks. I fell off of my cold sheep wagon and picked up a couple of Lion Brand Mandala Baby Cakes at Walmart for 3.97. I had been seeing people posting that they were getting them even cheaper than that and I never go into Walmart, but I had to go by today so I ran into them so I caved. I've been really good so a small stumble isn't too bad. 

Monday is the last day of the A to Z Challenge and I've been ahead of the process this time. I've enjoyed it but I'm glad to see the end of it too. Plus I picked up way to many ideas! 

If you're interested in more posts from the Yopers check them out on Ravelry!






4 comments:

  1. That sugar bowl bird feeder is gorgeous! I've missed most of your April recycling posts, but I see you've added a "subscribe by e-mail" gadget so I subscribed! Thanks, Allison. Got a lot to catch up on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thanks to you, I think it was a great addition that I should have done a while back! The birds are enjoying it, I have another regular feeder but the smaller birds are taking advantage of it. Plus it pretties up the area..lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum.......homemade jam. Too bad we aren't neighbors. I'm making bread today and your jam would be heavenly on it.

    Cute wreaths. I love wreaths on the front doors. Don't see too many in Arizona but when we lived in PA everyone had one. I think they brighten uo an entry way.

    Adorable bird feeder. What a super clever way to use an old sugar bowl.

    ReplyDelete