Saturday, April 21, 2018

Suitcase decor



Recently at a local flea market I picked up an older suitcase, I loved the color but wasn't sure what I would do with it. Before I could decide, I also found a old travel makeup case at good will, so I scooped that one up too! I hadn't thought about upcycling suitcases until I ran across the one I had and now I seem to see them on lots of blogs, unfortunately not so much in person...






So I've decided that I'll be using the smaller case as a craft container. It is a good size for keeping smaller projects together and it looks super cute in my living room.


It's not that I don't want to do something with the larger case, it's that I want to do too many thing with it and i just can't seem to decide on one project!

At first I thought that I would make it into a stand or a vanity or a table... see what I mean way too many ideas. Here is some of the inspiration that is keeping me from making a decision.


Or I could hunt around and find a few more and do this..

suitcases4
Photo by Cupcakes and Cashmere 

These are all such great ideas I'm not sure which way to go.. I guess time will tell. I'm looking for a great base or some cute spindle legs but if a couple of more happen to wander home with me...

While I'm not in the market for any of these ideas, you might be, not everyone needs storage and hey it's good to think outside of the suitcase, er box I mean..
vintage suitcase shelves shelf
via Red Hen Home- for all of the details
Shelving out of suitcases, This would be a great idea for ones that are damaged!

A rolling bar for those smaller spaces.. Dane Holweger has a how to on Hometalk

Or a medicine Cabinet? I wouldn't have thought of this..

Easy DIY tutorial to turn an old vintage suitcase into a unique and charming medicine cabinet to add character and storage to your bathroom!
via Remodelaholic Great information on how to redo the interior also

umm, if I ever get another vacation I might need this..
Tutorial by Inspireco

The princess is a bit big for this but may be a great Christmas idea for the grandcats..

suitcase pet bed
Tutorial by Megan on Cafemom can be found here

Needless to say I now how more ideas than suit cases so I'll end this week heading out to the thrift stores in search of the next great project and I hope you do the same. Stop back by on Monday for "T' and maybe a crumpet or two. Have a crafty weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment