Saturday, April 7, 2018

Graters for the G




I'm closing out the first week of the A to Z Blogging Challenge with G for Graters. Yes, those metal things that such a hazard to your finger tips, but you can't live without them because, well we need Taco Tuesdays, too.

If you've moved on to pre shredded cheese or another fancy do dad and yours is lounging away in the back of the cabinet here are a couple of ideas to upcycle it into something useful.

How about a utensil holder? Plus bonus points since it creates a handy towel holder too!

vintage cheese grater organizer www.homeroad.net

Or a hanging it the same way it makes a great display piece for flowers or other decorative items and a little rust doesn't hurt either!
Holiday Cheese Grater arrangement

The design lends itself to be a great luminary, you'll be wanting these for your patio too!
jak_zrobic_swoj_wlasny_swieczkin_diy_Zrob_to_sam_lampiony_domowe_pomysly_na_swieczkini_5

Do you have one of these hanging around, have you recycled yours into a great project? I've also seen pendant lights and ear ring holders, I'm a bit wary of those designs, I've had a ru nor two with those sharp edges. Share your ideas with us!

If you've made it this far, I say THANKS!. It's been a fun week and there is so much more to see. 
So hop back on Monday for the next post in line and I don't think you'll be disappointed!


6 comments:

  1. I love my grater. It's somehow survived in pristine condition for the last decade even thought it's used every day! (Some veggies are just better when you hide it among others.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah so true my mom was a master of mixing things into other items so we'd get our 5 a day..lol

      Delete
  2. I need to start looking for graters at yard sales!!!

    Donna B. McNicol|Author and Traveler
    A to Z Flash Fiction Stories|A to Z of Goldendoodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me too! The newer ones just don't have the same kind of style..

      Delete
  3. They don't seem to make graters that rust anymore. Thank goodness for stainless steel, I suppose, but it doesn't age as interestingly as an old steel grater would have once upon a time. I love the ideas, though. And I'm going to catch up on all your recycling ideas for April. Fun idea for the A-Z blogging challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! And I agree, I think a little patina goes a long way. But for the kitchen it's a good thing! I'm still on the look out for some!

      Delete