Sunday, April 8, 2018

Year of Projects Week 41

Easter kept me a bit busy last week along with trying to get ahead for the A to Z Challenge that also started last week, but I'm back this week with some updates. When your grandkids have four feet and tails it changes what goes into their Easter baskets..lol Actually I ended up making a "basket" for the kitty babies and filled it with Vegan goodies for my daughter. I started with a round base and then worked it up into a pouch, She has two big babies that love to get under blankets or into bags, so I figured they would enjoy it.
They do love it but we seem to have a bit of a malfunction when it comes to the pouch part,,lol She did show them later and then Mochi squeezed in but of course we didn't get a picture of that. It's so popular I'll need to make three more..and make them a bit larger.


My Peach Blossom squares are 2/3 done, only 10 more squares to complete then I have to finalize the lay out..I'm hoping to see the last of the squares tonight but we'll see how it goes. 
I started this when the peach blossoms were on, which was very early and now the cherry blooms are on, so I guess it's still in season. The calendar says Spring but the thermometer is stuck in winter. It actually snowed last night! This is the south people, what in the world, Mother Nature is obviously Drunk! 



I did take a chance on getting some herbs for my patio, I'm afraid to put anything in the ground just yet. I couldn't help it and I also picked up a small pack of Grape tomatoes, if it gets ugly I can bring them in. I'm personally ready to be able to sit outside for a while after work and do some crafting, This galvanized Chicken feeder as a planter is just too cute. I think I'll add some thyme to the bottom and let it trail. 



Yesterday was such a cold rainy (that turned into ice and snow!) day I wanted to start something fun. 
So I dug around in the stash and came up with this combination, It's so happy and really what I needed.



I've been working on pulling out WIP and one of them is a veggie play set. I had recently added a mushroom and some broccoli. Now the weather makes me think of cool weather veggies so I added a beet and a turnip to the pile. I keep thinking that should do it but then I think I should add one or two more items. At this point I think I'll round it out with a tomato and call it a set.















My cardigan, sidewalk afghan and grandmothers flower garden afghan are also wanting in the wings for a bit of attention. I really need to finish one of these before I start something else. At least I'm sticking to yarn I have in the stash, staying on the cold sheep wagon is becoming difficult! I keep thinking that I will get my stash into Ravelry so I can post projects and keep track of what I have and work on some of those patterns that I've got favorited..

So that was my crafty week. And I'm hoping to be a bit closer to a couple of finishes next week.
Thanks for stopping by this Sunday, if you have a bit of time be sure to check out the other Year of Project Bloggers and my posts and  the blogs of others doing the  A to Z Challenges this April. 











5 comments:

  1. I failed at the A-Z challenge this year... Unless I play a round of catch up and post several in a day to catch up... I have only posted three. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much eye candy in this post! I absolutely love the color combination in that (I assume it is a) blanket. So spring like. I hear you on the weather. In central Indiana, we woke up to another snowfall. While I actually don't mind it as long as the roads are clear, I have to admit this is starting to feel a bit crazy for this part of Indiana. My birthday is next week. It's become my tradition to plant something on my birthday, but I don't think that's going to be happening this year.
    Which brings me to your crocheted veggie play. With this weird cold weather we're having, crocheted veggies may be almost as good as the real thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Easter basket for the Grandkitty. What a great idea to make something that is multipurpose!

    Your veggies are perfect. How fun it would be to work them into a kitchen decor.

    The 'spring' blanket is quite cheery. Those colors really make a happy statement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vegetable play set is all kinds of awesome. Is that a radish and a turnip? I'm having to brush up on my vegetables now that I get a weekly box of produce from a local organic farm!

    The colours in that ripple(?) blanket are fantastic! Very mood brightening :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those knitted veggies are so darn cute! I love your ripple blanket - the colours give me hope that spring will come and this stooooopid rain will go away once and for all!

    ReplyDelete