Friday, April 13, 2018

What can you do with a Ladder?



That's right I'm talking about bringing something from outside to use inside and giving it a new life! Here are a couple of examples of ladders that I've picked up recently at different auctions.
This one needs a bit of repair but I think it's new life will be for blankets. I had thought about making shelving out of it but the changes that would have to be made would take away it's character.
 

I love the rusty hardware, I do have two sets of "hanging bars and a large Guide Runner"

Nope your not in the upsidedown, I didn't think about the fact that I would post it when I took the picture..lol

These are some very old mercantile ladders that we're taken out of a Dry Goods store in the area. They are easily early 1900's F. E. Myers & Bro's one is marked. Some minor early repairs. These are very tall, 15 feet at least! Two are for sale (if you're interested..lol) and one I'm trying decide just how to use it, book shelf, Library Ladder, Yarn store,  Hanging display, Loft ladder? The ideas go on and on. What would you do with them? 

Here are a few finished ideas now that you have the ladder bug too!
Click to see more photos of this lush and lovely potted garden on DIY ladder shelving! | LoveGrowsWild.com
I originally thought I would do something like Liz did @ Lovegrowswild with mine but not quite the right shape..doesn't mean I'm not still on the look out for one that will work

Do you have a corner that needs sprucing up? Check out this idea from Freshmommyblog

Ladder Shelf blog-12
I fell like this would be a great idea for the super long ladders I have but I hate to cut them!!

How about a room divider or a display This one does double duty.

Neutral rustic Christmas decor

Even small ladders are getting on board (bad pun I know..)
Short ladders can work as nightstands

It is Friday the 13th so if you are out hunting for ladders make sure you don't walk under any!
As we head into the weekend, I'll be finishing out the week with how to use an M item. All month I've been parting part of the A to Z Challenge by using the letter of the day to give you ideas on upcycling items you can find in your garage, yard sales or thrift stores. I started with Armoires then moved along the alphabet, this post marks half way, and will finish up on the 30th with a Z item. Be sure to check back often for more ideas! 





2 comments:

  1. I have several ladder shelves to hold books or bathroom towels. They are handy.
    Love the plants.
    https://moondustwriter.com/2018/04/12/look-children-atozchallenge/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have so much character and are a fun way to add interest to a room. I'm hoping for a bookshelf option myself!

    ReplyDelete